Brendaliz72, Home Buyer in 77043

I'm moving to Houston. I was told that Memorial is an excellent neighborhood and Spring branch a very good school district. It is true?

Asked by Brendaliz72, 77043 Tue May 29, 2012

Answers

17
Alfonso Infu…, Home Buyer, League City, TX
Sun Nov 20, 2016
No. Not in my opinion. Clear Creek ISD (Southeast of the city), Friendswood ISD (Also Southeast) are probably the best.
Patrick.bro…, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Fri Nov 18, 2016
Houstonreal2…, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Thu Nov 17, 2016
Spring Branch ISD is wonderful, as long as you're looking south of I-10 Katy Freeway, with a few exceptions. Memorial HS has some of the highest test scores in the Houston area, and compares well to most private schools.

Katy ISD, Fort Bend ISD, Clear Creek ISD, Klein ISD, Friendswood ISD and Conroe ISD all have some very good to excellent schools, in certain parts. Even Houston ISD has pockets of excellence, like West U Elementary and the Bellaire area schools.

Basically, there are very few school districts where all the campuses are excellent. Most larger school districts can contain pockets of great schools or poorly performing campuses. Each neighborhood must be individually evaluated based on attendance zones and TEA ratings. A Realtor is your best resource for specific areas, based on price, commute times and school quality.
TY, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Tue Jun 12, 2012
I couldn't disagree more. The Spring Branch School District is by far superior in students scores than Klein ISD. If you go to the Texas Education website and review scores by district or individual school, Spring Branch ISD, is the superior choice. I have 4 kids in the SBISD school district, one with special needs and I cant speak highly enough of everyone from the administration, teachers and counselors.. etc. They also happen to be one of the highest paid districts in the Houston Metropolitan area. Better paid teachers (IMO) makes happier teachers, etc. I have several friends whose children attend Klein ISD, and the quality has really changed. 10 years ago, it was in the top 10, now...not so much. I'm sure everyone has their own reasoning for their opinions, and I never post responses, however, when it comes to educating our youth...you deserve more than one opinion. I will also add...I was partial to Klein ISD, as I was a previous student. I'm certain you will make the best decision for your families needs, there is an abundance of free information for your perusal. For more information review the State of Texas Education website, it has awesome references for parents and students, etc. Good luck!
Kelly, , Houston, TX
Wed Jun 6, 2012
It's a pretty good school district. The best school district in Houston without including private schools, is the Klein School District. Period. Champions Forest drive is the best way to start in terms of where to pick a neighborhood to live in. Just go down the street and keep looking left and right.

KLEIN DISTRICT

Elementary School's Theiss Elementary.(the best) then Benfer Brill and Ehrhardt.

Junior High School's: 1. Doerre Middle School, Kleb Middle School (located directly behind the beginning of the Klein High School grounds. 3. Strack

Klein High School is the best high school in that school district. Your not going to get a better high school education in terms of schooling, opportunities you name it; than Klein High School. Klein Collins is a good school as well and inside the district but Klein High is the best education you want your kids to have access to. Memorial is a good area and district but (my opinion) there are a lot nice expensive homes mixed in with apartments or smaller homes to closely.

Klein Oak-A little like Klein high school and pretty good.

Klein Forest-BAD and this why I made this assumption: Every year there are many families whose kids attended Wunderlich junior high which is then led to Klein Forest-MOVED. I know more than ten people even when I was in school whose family moved to be in the Klein school district. Maybe, this happens every year for the last 10+ years as a coincidence. If anyone thinks I am putting down that school there wrong. I had many friends from that high school.

I am not saying that in a bad way. Its just that it creates a balance that kind of feels off. If I could not live in the Klein school district I personally would rather check out the Tomball area. There school district has a good reputation and there is now the Lonestar College System which kind of paved the way through tomball. Lonestar locations are now considered universities instead of community colleges. I personally attend there location close to the Klein area and use their transfer program which allows me to take my classes with all credits going towards Texas A&M university which will be the name on my certificate if I ever finish graduate school! So, Memorial is ok but seems much to far back when compared to the other district options. Email if you want to know more-I have lived here all my life and know all the dirt and serious components. kelly.sowell@ymail.com
Kelly, you are right about Klein! My kids went to Klein Collins, but I have had clients move from the Klein Forest zoned because they did not want their daughters going there...Memorial/SpringBranch, Kleinin spring, Cy-fair in Cypress are my top picks
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012
Elliott R. O…, Agent, McLean, VA
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Contact Nina Marino at Keller Williams. She will do a great job of taking care of you.

http://www.ninamarino.com/
Juan Pardo, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu May 31, 2012
Memorial is a very good area , very expensive call me if you like listings on this area or send me your email to jremax2003@ yahoo.com or go to http://www.har.com/jpardo. my cell is 832-818-0413
Sunny Goode, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
There are many excellent neighborhoods in and around Houston. There are also some exemplary school districts.I believe it would benefit you to 1) speak with an experienced realtor 2) Visit Houston and some of the areas 3) Determine which area is most desirable within your criteria. Questions to answer are. Where you will work, family needs, and the price range you are qualified in. If you have any questions please call, I'm happy to help, having lived in Houston for 30 years. Also visit my website for buyer iand relocation nformation.
agoodhome.com and my direct# 832-274-7572. Good luck with your move!
Persis Behra…, Agent, Cinco Ranch, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
Memorial is a great neigborhood, and so are others in the Houston area. Question is what are you specifically looking for in a home and the surrounding areas? Houston covers a large area and depending on your needs and budget, you can cater your search to your specifications. Surrounding areas like Katy, Sugar Land, and Woodlands also have a lot to offer.
Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Lucie Ogdee,…, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
Absolutely! Should you need additional info, please dont hesitate to contact me.
Lucie Ogdee
713-539-1006
Lucie@KW.com
Sol Farladan…, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
Hi Brenda,

Memorial is not only an excellent neighborhood but beautiful as well with tree lined streets. It's conformed of several villages; Piney Point, Hunter's Creek, and Hedwig to name a few. My younger brother attended Hunter's Creek Elementary, Memorial Middle School, and Memorial High school. I've lived in Memorial for over 15 years now and I absolutely love it. Many people move to Memorial merely for the school district; SBISD. If you like I'd be more than happy to send you listings.
My contact info is:

Sol Farladansky
solfarladansky@gmail.com
Cell Phone: 713.540.1230
Kay Robbins, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
Yes, Memorial is nice but quite a large area that many refer to Memorial. I have been a broker in Houston since the early to mid 1980's and have lived in Memorial since 1998. I have lived in Wilchester and now in Nottingham Forest. I have had one step daughter graduated from Stratfore high school and currently have a daughter in the Spring Branch charter school of Cornerstone Middle School.
Feel free to call me at 713-828-7831 if you would like to discuss the areas, schools, and subdivisions.
I am a broker associate with RE/MAX Top Realty and officed with RE/MAX Memorial Town & Country for over 20 years.

Kay K. Robbins
RE/MAX Top Realty
http://www.kayrobbins.net
713-828-7831
Rene Castillo, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
Just like any other part of Houston each school distrcit has its good and bad schools. Follow the link below to a good school ranking search engine. Please feel free to contact me with any other questions you may have. Thanks!
Sharon Frits…, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
The Memorial/Spring Branch area is conveniently located close to several major highways for easy access with a good school district which is in the process of remodeling/rebuilding their elementary schools as many new families are moving to the area. Here's a recent article concerning the Spring Branch area which came out last week.

Location, Location, Location
Business leaders and real estate agents are always touting the importance of "location, location, location" and rightly so. Right now, Houston, Texas is one of the hubs of economic prosperity and new job growth, so it's no wonder that so many people from around the country are flocking here like they did during the oil boom years.

And where else but in the "Heart of Houston" could you find a more amenable location than Spring Branch? Right now, our community is like the cream-filled center of a particularly delicious pastry. There are three good reasons why Spring Branch is such a delectable location.

You can find the entire article at http://sbmd.org/newsletter/newsletter.html

I am a real estate broker who specializes in the Spring Branch area (working and living in the area many years) and would welcome the opportunity to assist you with your real estate needs and goals. My email address is below if you would like to communicate further.

Thanks for the privlege,

Sharon Fritsche
Broker/Owner
Step By Step Real Estate, LLC
Sharon@StepByStep.pro
Michael Roddy, , Houston, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
Hi Brendaliz72, the person who gave you the advice was telling it to you correctly. The Memorial area is very wooded and certain parts (The Memorial Villages) are independent from the surrounding metropolis. The Spring Branch School system that serves this area is outstanding. A number of neighborhoods within Memorial have large lots, tranquil settings, strict ordinances and country origins that attract newcomers as well as long time Houston residents.

Hope this helps and please contact me if you need additional information. I have lived in Memorial for 27 years.

Michael Roddy
832-204-1377
Andy Taylor, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
I live and work Memorial, I find it to be a wonderful place to live. My 2 children graduated from Spring Branch schools and we had great experiences. Feel free to contact me if you want specific information about properties that are currently available in Memorial.
Carolyn Wol…, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue May 29, 2012
Yes, but depending on your budget and your needs, the homes are in a higher price range due to the proximity to downtown. I have a property in Memorial and will be happy to help you explore your options. Feel free to send me an e-mail.