I live in sierra vista Arizona and I am moving to Houston Texas but I don't want to live in Houston. I want to live in the outskirts in a nice

Asked by 91hondaef, Sierra Vista, AZ Mon Oct 7, 2013

town. Can anyone tell me what towns are nice and have a low crime rate and that don't have trashy neighborhoods. My max on apartments is 800. Can anyone help?

Answers

4
Armando Agui…, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Fri Oct 11, 2013
There are three types of apartments that I have seen and lived in; Rich, Working Class, and Poor. I am currently in a working class apartment where it's close to everything but not inside the city and I pay $470 for rent. If you want really nice apartments, there are some still not in the city but are still around the $700's. If you want the poorer ones with all bills paid, they are $270 with cable, etc. You just have to know where to look. Not all apartments are listed online, it's easier to just drop in one and see for yourself. I live in East Houston, just outside of the city and am currently looking to rent my first home. Even the rental homes are cheap-$500 to $2300 a month for some of the homes. And nice ones are only $1200 a month. So it really depends on what area you want to live in and where you would be working.

-From a fellow renter, not an agent.
Carolyn Wolfe, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Oct 7, 2013
You can get a decent apartment in The Woodlands for about $1200.oo, but Al is right, $800 isn't going to get you into a "nice place"
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Oct 7, 2013
$800 isn't going to get you much of a rental no matter where you look. You're asking for an awful lot for very little. If such apartments were available, they'd be leased as soon as they hit the market. From a realistic standpoint, you're looking at twice that rent, if not more. This market is very active, and more people are looking for rentals than there are places available. I wish I could help, but it doesn't look good.
Persis Behra…, Agent, Cinco Ranch, TX
Mon Oct 7, 2013
Hello, there are areas on the outskirts like Katy, Sugar Land, Richmond, Spring, The Woodlands, Conroe etc. that you can look into.

Is commute a strong consideration for you? Generally folks like to check out the commute distance before finalizing on their residential area, however, if that is not a consideration, you have various choices.

I will be happy to check on apartments for you, however, the rent maximum you have noted depends on the availability and the area you settle on. Also, is this for a one-bedroom? Do you have pets - if you do, there will be extra deposit required.

When are you planning to move here to Houston?

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com