Moving in Las Vegas>Question Details

Abarkey, Home Owner in Las Vegas, NV

I gotten orders to go to a new base how can I get rid of my condo without screwing up my cridet and not have to pay on it still?

Asked by Abarkey, Las Vegas, NV Mon Apr 25, 2011

I'mactive duty Air Force at Nellis AFB and I'm going to Pope AFB and I have to be there by Sept. 30, 2011.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Las Vegas

Help the community by answering this question:


Phil Scheinman’s answer
If you ever find yourself in a similar situation I can help you 2!

Search :



Phil Scheinman, ABR, GRI, E-PRO
Broker * Sales Agent * Realtor
Realty One
2831 St. Rose ParkwaySte. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89074
Direct: 702-580-9198
Fax: 702-614-9337
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 12, 2013
I'm sure if you put the word out that you/'re renting your place and leaving. As long as you're resonable on the rental price you should be ok. Good luck.

Penny O'Brien with Simply Vegas
3042 S. Durango
Las Vegas, NV 89117
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 26, 2011
Rent it out. The movement into Nellis is strong, and there should be no shortage of potential rentors. There are lots of real estate companies that deal with military and also have property manager divisions.

David Cooper Las Vegaqs Foreclosure Investor In Bank Owned REOs with Cash Flow. email or call for FREE
daily LIST +1-7024997037 not a real estate investor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
One other option is to sell it with owner financing or lease option it to another service member like yourself.

Good luck in your transfer and thank you for your dedication and willingness to serve our country.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
Lets look at the numbers and see what you owe and what comparable units have sold for. That would be the first step.One option might be to rent the property to one of your colleagues. If you owe more tha the property is worth we can talk about the process of doing a short sale. There is also the HAP program through the Corp of Engineers. I have helped several enlisted personel and officers transferring into Nellis and rotating out to new locations. My partner Dave Fahrny and I are available to help in anyway we can. I look forward to talking with you.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
You have a couple of options. HAP may be available to you. I did two of these sales last year but was told it was going away so you'll have to look into it since a lot of its benefit is based on how you purchased the property. Also, you could to a traditional short sale. Depending on your bank, you may not have to miss any payments to complete the sale. I was able to help someone at the Nellis AF Base do this and would be happy to supply several references that you may even know personally.
Thanks for your time and hope this process goes smoothly for you.
Chris Dowlen, Realtor
Keller Williams
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
Hello Abarkey,
As stated before, Thank you for your sacrifices for our country.
I have offers on another property that is a short sale by a military person. I am familiar with other people in your situation.
If you would contact me I can explain some of your options. If a short sale is right for you (don't know yet) I will list your house with no charge to you!
Contact me anytime,
John J. Longeway
Keller Williams Realty
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
Hello Abarkey,

I live near Nellis AFB, have many friends and associates that I have personally helped out of their condos, and probably in the same complex that you live in. The HAP program is probably the best chance you have to negotiate a short sale without screwing up your credit. As has been stated, there are certain guidelines you have to meet in order to fit. I have a client right now who is with the Army Corp of Engineers who was forced to move to Ft. Leonard Wood, but they were unwilling to allow him to qualify under HAP. You may even know him. Unfortunately, they can be a bit arbitrary about it.

God bless you for your service!


Steve Matthews
Prudential Americana Group

Call me and we can talk about it.

Steve Matthews
Prudential Americana
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
First and foremost, thank you for your willingness to serve in our military. Most people have no idea what sacrifices you and your family make for our country. I greatly appreciate it.

I have helped several Air Force personell from Nellis AFB by using the Army Corp of Engineers HAP program. There are certain criteria that must be met. I can explain the details and find out if you are eligible for the program. Essentially, they coul get you out from under the loan without any negative impact on your credit depending on a few variable.

Please call me at 702-889-8922 and I will explain the details and gather information. For privacy resaons, this is not the forum to be discussing some of the details. I can also provide references.


Doug Sawyer, Broker/Salesman
CFAC (Certified Foreclosure Alternate Consultant)
CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
GRI (Graduate Realtor Institute)
Realty Executives of NV
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
I usually dont respond as I dont give out advice. But, there is a militlary hardship act that will pay the difference of what you owe and what your home is worth. It's a process, but, it looks like you fit the requirements. It takes about 45 days for approval, but the government will pay the difference. Love to help Let me know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer