How does one look up "properties" that are being, or have been in the process of foreclosure or bankruptcy?

Asked by Lizzythin, Ellicott City, MD Sun Apr 4, 2010

Looking for property to build on-countryside. Not city. Chautauqua county. Prefer Busti, Kiantone, Sinclairville areas.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Wafer, Agent, Greenbelt, MD
Fri Apr 16, 2010
REALTORS have access to databases that provide filters for "Short Sale", and "Foreclosure" searches. If you desire informatoin about a particular area of Ellicott City, please contact me. We can work together to find the right house for you at the right price.
0 votes
Michelle Lew…, , Towson, MD
Sun Apr 4, 2010
I can help you with that. Please email or call me
Michelle Lewis
0 votes
Barbara Novi…, , Howard County, MD
Sun Apr 4, 2010
YOur best source of guidance and assistance is from a Realtor who can assist you in more ways than simply finding property. Once a property is located, that is just the beginning of the process. There are many issues of importance to consider, some not obvious.
0 votes
Brian Pakulla, Agent, Ellicott City, MD
Sun Apr 4, 2010
A Realtor can find you these types of properties. Also, local newspapers usually announce foreclosure dates.
0 votes
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sun Apr 4, 2010
Any Realtor can help you locating REO (bank owned) properties or short sale properties that are for sale. Whatever you do, don't use any service (such as RealtyTrac) that requires any form of payment. Such services are also unreliable, inaccurate, outdated, and misleading. Get the accurate, up-to-date information at no cost from a Realtor.

Hope that helps.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Moving in Ellicott City Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more