Hello My family will be moving to Chicago In July we have a section 8 Voucher and looking for an 2 to 3 bedroom 1-2 bathrooms house or Apartment

Asked by Denise Square, Chicago, IL Thu Feb 27, 2014

When should we start calling for help from a realtor to help.

Answers

10
Naketa Washi…, , Chicago, IL
Sun Mar 2, 2014
Great! I specialize in assisting individuals with section 8 and other housing assistance programs. I can help you find something amazing! My number is 312 854 9311. When you are due to come to Chicago for your section 8 briefing, call me and we can check out a few places. Thanks!!!
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Feb 28, 2014
Get a good leasing agent that specializes in this sort of thing. Its free to use them.
Bertha S Tho…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Feb 28, 2014
I am a great broker who understands the Section 8 Voucher program... my information is as follows:

Bertha S Thomas of Affordable Homes Of Illinois
2643 W 79th Street, Chicago, IL 60652
(773) 434-8800 is my office number and (708) 774-3752 is my direct dial number.

Two important things to know for placement would be what area of Chicago (north, south, east, west or suburban) you would like to live in and also what your expiration date is on your moving papers.

If you would like to further discuss your options, feel free to give me a call.

Thank you.
Bertha (708)774-3752
Alina Pop, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 27, 2014
HI,
It is a little early to look for units for July. I think that the end of April would be the soonest you should start looking. Look at your budget and decide what neighborhood you would like to live in and then find an agent. If you need more information, please free to contact me!
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Feb 27, 2014
A bit early to start looking from now but now is the time to find a Realtor who can assist you when the time comes (mid May). Feel free to contact me should you need any assistance.
Web Reference:  http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Jacqueline S…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 27, 2014
It is a little early to look for units for July. Anything available now will most likely not be available by July. The Chicago Landlord Tenant Ordinance allows landlords to start showing units 60 days before the lease ends. So the end of April would be the soonest you should start looking. Look at your budget and decide what neighborhood you would like to live in and then find an agent that specializes in that area.
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 27, 2014
I would say begin now and if you find something just do a security deposit and done deal . no stress
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 27, 2014
A great broker who understands Section 8 is the following:

Toskanelia PalmerĀ®

MANAGING BROKER and PARALEGAL
(176059)
Imanage Realty Group
3930 N. Pine Grove, Unit 2215
Chicago, Illinois 60613
Member Chicago Association of REALTORSĀ® (C.A.R.)
Member National Association of Realtors
OFFICE-P: 312-285-7772
Email: imanagepalmer@gmail.com
Office ID: #84894
NRDS: #360586144
License #471.016677
Dirk Gould, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 27, 2014
You can now by interviewing several leasing agents that work in your desired area(s). But you will not start looking at rentals until likely around the middle of May.
Jorge Vega, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 27, 2014
You should start immediately. By starting now you will prepare yourself for the Chicago summer market. I imagine it will be competitive but by hiring a Leasing Agent you will have more chances of obtaining a contract. Good luck!