Best places to live Northeast Coast. But warmer climate. Tired of shoveling!

Asked by Carla, 04038 Fri Jul 31, 2009

Hi I am a 52 year young women who has lived in Portland Maine area most of her life. My sons are adults and settled. I am now ready to move to a warmer climate on the east coast. I need to be close enough to the ocean. Portland has so much to offer so similar to that but do not necessarily need to be in city. Small quaint area near by great too. Lots of rental condo/ nice apartments too. Thank you! Carla

Answers

2
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Wed Aug 5, 2009
Carla,
There are plenty of wonderful areas on our coast that while we don't have all the lobster and other wonderful benefits of Maine we have our own style and benefits. Don't think you want to try the Outer Banks but, there are many areas like that such as New Bern and other areas just a few minutes inland that could offer you the feel of the coast without the exposure. We definitely will satisfy you need to not shovel anymore. Although I will admit my wife and I love vacationing in Maine only in the summer though. Wilmington is going to be our largest metro area on the coast so you can either be in an area near there or farther away. Also look at some of the quaint little areas along the intercoastal waterway. Also with Pamlico Sound and inland waterways you might want to look at Washington, and many of the other areas.

If you need help finding top agents in any of these areas and would like some help just let me know and I can refer you to top agents through out our national network.

Hope this helps,
Web Reference:  http://www.storybookhomes.ws
Stanton Homes, , Raleigh, NC
Fri Jul 31, 2009
If you're looking to be right near the ocean, Wilmington might work well. The Raleigh area is about 2 hours from the ocean, but it sounds like that might be farther than you'd like to be. Have you been to the coast in this area? Very different feel from further north, but definitely has it's own appeal!
Web Reference:  http://www.StantonHomes.com