Are you definitely wanting to move to the east coast of FL or would you consider the west coast? Sarasota County is an excellent choice for a family with children. We have excellent schools, close to the beach, golfing, fishing, biking, boating, museums, art, and many other culturual and recreational activities.
How to choose the right neighborhood
One of the most important things to determine in buying a home is location, location, location. How do you know what neighborhood is right for you? Here is a list that might help you.
1. Would you enjoy living there?
2. How far of a commute is it from work, school, shopping, hospitals, restaurants, parks, entertainment and transportation? Take a test drive.
3. Drive through the neighborhood to get an idea of what it is like. You may want to go at different times throughout the day. What is the noise and traffic level?
4. Does the neighborhood have curb appeal? It is well maintained? Does it have nice landscaping?
5. Does the neighborhood fit in with your demographics? Are you looking for a family friendly neighborhood, a deed restricted neighborhood, a 55 and older retirement neighborhood, or a high or low income neighborhood?
6. Price makes all the difference. Do some research to find out the price range of the neighborhoods so that you can eliminate ones that do not fit within your budget.
7. Check to see what the neighborhood crime statistics are. Look around for graffiti or other signs of criminal activity. Check with local police or check the police blotter in the local newspaper. You want to live in a safe neighborhood.
8. Be aware of any new construction or zoning laws that may be in the neighborhood.
9. If you are choosing a deed restricted community with a homeowner association, find out what the fees are?
For more information go to HGTV's FrontDoor article: http://www.frontdoor.com/Buy/How-to-Choose-a-Neighborhood/1162.
Best wishes in your home search.
Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL email@example.com