Moving in 74133>Question Details

Diana, Other/Just Looking in Broken Arrow, OK

BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked by Diana, Broken Arrow, OK Sun Aug 12, 2012

EXPERIENCE bad! ! looking for a house to rent in the area of ​​Jenks or Bixbi and .. very "good" and "Christian people supposedly" offered to help us with a super low price and ready to move! only they wanted us to send a deposit of $ 800 to $ 1200 first month rent and "They sent me the keys of the house" all the information was sent by E-Mail and what was our surprise we went to see the House ready to move and People living there of course owners of the house! it was all a big lie is sad that People play around with the feelings and emotions of the People but we trust in God and leave everything in his hands

1 vote Share Flag Moving in 74133

Answers

8
Ouch!

We're very sorry this has happened to you but we are hearing of more and more people being ripped off in this way.

From my perspective.....one should NEVER enter into a real estate transaction without first varifying the legitimacy of the party(s) you are dealing with.

We hope you have reported this indisgression to the local authorities.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012
Diana

Did you get some help through (jmajors@mcgrawrealtors.com) - 918-388-6156 or 918-592-6000. McGraw Realtors? Let me know if I can assist you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012
Be sure to report your bad experience, as a fraudulent attempt, to gain money from you. For local Tulsa rentals, try the following email address and or phone numbers @ McGraw Realtors. (jmajors@mcgrawrealtors.com) - 918-388-6156 or 918-592-6000. McGraw Realtors has a full service relocation division that may have the right Tulsa/Jenks property for you. You are also, welcome to contact me direct and I will relay your information to the McGraw relocation professionals in my office.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
I am very sorry that this happened to you. It sounds like a classic rental scam, with all of the warning signs we should be looking for. You can and should report this crime to the FBI here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

You can read more about this type of scam here: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/july/housingscam_072909/

Again, so, so sorry that this happened to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 12, 2012
Sorry about your experience! Along with what others I would file a police report.
call channel 2 works for you - they look into scams like this
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 27, 2014
Diana,

We have had this experience a few times with our 'for sale' listings. The first thing I would suggest is doing a search on Google.com with that address. If it shows that it is for sale, contact the REALTOR that has the listing. We have been able to keep several people from losing their deposit money this way. We also have them call the local police department in the town that the home is located and to flag the ad on Craigslist.

Not all people are this way.
I'm sorry Diana.

when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Sending money to a p.o. box to someone you've never met, for a property you've never seen is just foolish.

Clearly it was a scam, and whether they were "good" and "Christian people" has no bearing.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL