Candice, Renter in Nashua, NH

Are there places that will accept applications if your credit is borderline good/fair?

Asked by Candice, Nashua, NH Tue Sep 4, 2012

Answers

5
Kathy Markee…, , Woburn, MA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
There are still programs and possiblities for people with borderline good/fair credit. I advise you to speak to a professional Mortgage Banker in the industry who specializes in analyzing and guiding clients to bring up your scores. I have personally seen clients lower their scores thinking they were repairing it. Sometimes it's as easy as making a phone call to the company reporting your liability. I have helped many renters and buyers in this position. If you need help call me at 978-502-2998.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Sep 5, 2012
For RENTALS each landlord has their own criteria for looking at credit.

For PURCHASES there are several types of mortgages, your best bet is to meet with a local and trusted loan officer who can pre-quailifiy you at no cost.

if you are looking to purchase please feel free to contact me for assistance.
Tim Dolan -…, Agent, Nashua, NH
Tue Sep 4, 2012
If this is for a rental then each of the landlords / apartment complexes have their own rules. And each look at different aspects of the "borderline" i.e. how did it become borderline? illness, layoff, relationship issues or silly spending. :):)

If this is for purchase, then contact me, i work with some amazing mortgage brokers that know all the New Hampshire programs to get people into home ownership. They can also advise some things you may wish to look at to "clean up" credits issues and equally important some things not to do.

Let me know how I may help you - you are the customer.

Tim Dolan 603-320-6495
Thank you for your response! My family and I are looking to rent in the Nashua area. There are a few reasons as to what had happened with our credit situation but there are 3 of us with 3 incomes to pay for the rent + utilities. We are looking for some possible recommendations.
Flag Tue Sep 4, 2012
Karen Wansha…, Agent, Nashua, NH
Tue Sep 4, 2012
There are mortgage agents that will help you with your credit and let you know when you are able to purchase your home. Call Jay Vogel of Residential Mortgage Services, Inc 603-966-3437.
Jason Duval, Agent, Nashua, NH
Tue Sep 4, 2012
There are opportunities for all types of renters out there right now. Many of the rental communities like Woodlands of Nashua, Canterbury Apts will work with you. House rentals could be a bit more difficult as most looking to rent a single home do not have the resources behind them that the larger community and complex management companies do. I would start by looking to some of the larger rental complexes consisting of multiple apartment buildings. Good Luck.
Thank you for some helpful tips! I appreciate it!
Flag Tue Sep 4, 2012