Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Agent2Agent in Mountain View : Real Estate Advice

  • All246
  • Local Info24
  • Home Buying117
  • Home Selling16
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 7
Wed Jun 1, 2016
Many people want the big shot guy to use as an agent. The best agents are usually people who only do a little business, but they give you attention and effort that the mega agents do not care about. So a teacher selling homes part time may be a better agent than the guy selling 20 houses a month. The teacher will really care about you, and fight for you to the end.
That is my opinion
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 26, 2015
My NC Homes Team answered:
This is a question for an estate attorney. Trusts get created in different manners and there may be tax or inheritance issues to crop up. This isn't a question for strangers on the Internet who haven't see the actual trust document. Speak to an attorney. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jan 12, 2014
Joan Lorberbaum Moore answered:
My understanding of this is that it means a transfer of real property from one family member to another without selling the property.
That being said, you should verify this information with an attorney and with a title company if you are contemplating a purchase of a property with type of deed. A title search should definitely be made. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 31, 2012
Hassan Sabbagh answered:
We did a lot of refinancing for properties held in trust and put back property after recording in trust. Title companies do that automatically after refinancing.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 15, 2009
Infinity Realty Network answered:
I would not get involved with advising a client or pursuing them in any way to file for a BK especially with the sensitivity of the legal aspects. I would advise them to contact an bk attorney for that question and a CPA for tax repercussions even if i know the answer i would have them sign a disclosure saying as such. With Attorneys preying on short sale sellers it is always best to cover yourself in this circumstance. That being said why not negotiate the short sale on the second. It is always a better situation when only having to have to negotiate a second far less hurdles to jump, when they are used to receiving almost nothing from the firsts. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 18, 2008
Earl Girbovan answered:
This units sold on 8/18/08 for $718,000. It's MLS 80826383, and was on the market for 12 days.
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 22, 2008
Ute Ferdig answered:
I would think that the escrow company can do this if it's related to an open escrow and title insurance is purchased. I have never heard of a title company handling transfers of title without the purchase of a title insurance policy since the escrow services are typically just ancillary to the title insurance business. If title insurance is not involved, the only thing the escrow company would do is prepare the deed, notarize the signatures and handle the recording. Like I said, I have never heard of that being done, but would be curious to know whether the escrow department would handle it. I know that they do when someone buys without an agent from a FSBO. If they don't, I would hire a real estate attorney to prepare the deed. The county office will not prepare it for them as that would be like giving legal advice. The county will only record the deed that's already prepared.
As the others have already mentioned, I would also want to make sure that the parents and children receive proper advice concerning any legal consequences of the transfer of title. It would probably also be a good idea to have the property appraised just prior to the transfer just in case the value of the property at the time of the transfer should ever become an issue. I hope this helps. Let us know what you find out from the title/escrow company.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice