Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Mount Laurel : Real Estate Advice

  • All88
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying23
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 17
Tue Jan 9, 2018
Sandrah55142 answered:
What are the requirments for smoke detectors and carbob miozide detectotrs in point pleasant.nj
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 23, 2017
Angelica P answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select Submit listings for sale.

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 16, 2017
Sexylady0222 asked:
I'm selling a house where the outdoor faucets don't work, it's in my disclosure and buyer is aware of it. All contacts say home as is so i need to know if i have to fix it or not
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 26, 2015
Jessica Holtzman answered:
By listing it as such, you can have your realtor advertise on different websites that attract that type of sale. At the end of the day, if they are good tenants, and it makes sense for a new buyer financially, then it can happen. Also, try joining groups like South Jersey Investors. They can be a great source of knowledge. Lastly, 55+ is harder to sell (and to an investor specifically) than a traditional type of property, so it might take a bit more work.

Jessica Holtzman
Licensed Realtor
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Michele Casey answered:
Hi Chuck,

There are a lot of great Realtors out there! Unfortunately, there are also a lot of not so good ones out there, as well. Finding the one that best suits you may be a daunting task. Padraic had some great advice! Pricing your home is the KEY. Marketing & Staging your home are other crucial KEYS.

My advice is to interview a Realtor from a few of the top Real Estate companies. Print advertising is kind of dwindling out, but online presence is a major factor, since most Buyers start their search online. How does the Realtor present their listings online ... Professional photos? Blurry dark photos? Does it capture the Buyer's eye? Communication is also another important factor.

You're getting ready to sell one of the largest investments in your life, so take your time and choose and experienced, hard-working Realtor that will make you one of their #1 priorities!

Good luck! Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions!
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 8, 2013
Jennifer answered:
Hello. I am interested in Owner Financing and would like to know if there are any agents out there that could assist me. We live in Toms River NJ. My husband can use his VA and we are able to get his COE. He also told me about Tricia Meadows. I am looking for a 3 bedroom either 1.5/2 bathroom. And a fenced in yard. We are considering all Owner Financing homes. Our credit does not qualify us for a tradional mortgage we tried and I am tired of renting. My email is If anyone could assist we would like to do this as fast as possiable. If you email me I will provide our phone number. Thanks, Jennifer ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Ines De La Cruz answered:
Hello Anthony,
Thanks for your question.
Willingboro is pretty detailed as to how to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy. If you go to the office of the Twp. they will provide you with what items will be checked. Then you have to have the certifications done by the approved heating contractors for the certification.
They go an inspected and then you come back for the C O document.
Carbon monoxides, smoke detectors and fire extinguisher have to be also installed.
Good luck!
Best Regards,
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Harley Wilcox answered:
It looks like not much has changed over the past few years. I have had recent trouble with appraisers from outside our market area using band comps that are irrelevant. Appraisers should have knowledge of the area and be a member of the prominent MLS so that they have access to good data. ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 31, 2011
Jessica Holtzman answered:
Typically, for short sales, a BPO or Broker Price Opinion is completed and submitted to the bank. A BPO is similar to an appraisal for a normal real estate listing. This value is what helps the bank know what a short sale should be valued at. Also, with many short sale listings, sometimes they are priced higher/lower than market value, so listing price rarely has anything to do with actual market value. If you are a seller and you are considering doing a short sale, the best resource you can use is to find a CDPE Agent in your area. For a list of them, ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 18, 2010
Eugenia (Jean) Bonilla,ABR,SRES,ASP answered:
Just because the home did not appraise doesn't mean it ends there. Go back to the bank, and provide a comprehensive package supporting your assertion. Include settled within the last 6 months. Call the listing agents to determine if there was any duress in the sale, or special features about the home, or a deficient condition that was not evident in the listing. Go to the tax assessments ans determine a price per square foot. Also use the rent multiplier approach, and give recent rental information. Lastly compare the comps property to property, such as this one had a fireplace, mine has additional square footage in the home and lot size. You have the right to appeal. Is this for a purchase or refinance? Lastly have another appraisal by another approved appraiser. P.S. If none settled within the last 6 months, use 1 year or go to the adjacent development or town. FYI, I always meet personally with the appraiser...yes we are allowed to do this per the new HVCC regulations, and provide a package with agreement of sale, comparables, and receipts for recent improvements made to the dwelling. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 30, 2010
Ines De La Cruz answered:
Hi Penny,
Yes, he is right. Go to my and look for your listing to be able to do the change.
Good luck,
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 9, 2009
John Sacktig answered:
Hi Bunny,

You should contact a local realtor to get an idea of what the market was doing back then.

I'd stay away from an appraiser on this. I have too many conflicting stories from apprasiers on where the numbers are derived from. From what I have noticed these seem to be driven by what the banks want to see numerically. I know that statement will get some static, but it is true.

A good Realtor will be able to compare actual numbers and comparisons, exactly the same place an appraiser goes to.. the local MLS .

Good Luck
... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 16, 2009
Padraic Mc Cormick answered:
Any of the agent who responded can E-Mail you the information. They can also add the homes profile to the MLS so you can have up to date information about what is available, under contract, or sold as your move forward.

Rosanne is a well respected agent but the choice is yours.

Good Luck

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 3, 2009
Jeremy S. Hill answered:

The more marketable your home is the better off you'll be in getting your home sold and a competitive fee structure. Whether you are pricing your home to sell or if you plan on testing the market with your list price makes a difference as well. I understand wanting to save some dollars. Everyone does in this tough economy. The key is to get the most value for you dollar. Feel free to call me in my office. I have an awsome plan that features homeowners home on over 25 top real estate website. You'll be hard pressed to find more exposure than that.

Best Regards,

Jeremy S. Hill, Realtor Associate
Keller Williams Realty
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
Office: 856.685.1651
Direct: 609.876.5817
Fax: 609.482.8235
"Your Interest 1st Always"
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 19, 2008
Laura Giannotta answered:
Because there are recording requirements, it's best to have an attorney or Title Company handle this.

In New Jersey, most in the northern part of the state use attorneys, while us southerners use title companies.

Best of luck!

Laura Giannotta
Keller William Atlantic Shore
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Mount Laurel Zip Codes