Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Mount Airy : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 21
Tue Mar 22, 2016
Solisputnam answered:
the payment is calculated on the price of the house + your repairs.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 14, 2014
Robert Krop answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 14, 2014
Robert Krop answered:
You will want to discuss this with your loan officer. They will be able to break down your exact payment for you.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 13, 2014
Robert Krop answered:
Valuations on real estate websites do not necessarily reflect real values. These values are determined by tax records and prior listing info and then those sites have algorithms to give an average value based on the info the site has about that home and the surrounding homes it uses to compare to. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 28, 2014
pberchoff answered:
We are the construction representatives in Mount Airy, MD, that specializes in building modular homes for the Northern Virginia, Maryland and Metro DC areas. We have many floor plans (ranch, two story, or smaller capes), that are suitable for one person.

After reviewing our floor plans, you can select a plan that best suits you. you may revise the plan as much as necessary until you are satisfied with the design of your modular home, keeping in mind your budget and needs.

We can meet someplace local and we can show you what is available.

Bill Yonker

WRYonker Construction LLC
703-926-2416 direct
443-487-8603 fax
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 21, 2013
Michael Bennett answered:
There are. That come up infrequently, but there is a two bedroom place available for $995. It's for rent by owner and not listed.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Greg Myers answered:
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Patty Smith answered:
Hello Sienna:

Congratulations on your engagement! I am a Realtor in Mount Airy and I have live in Mount Airy for the last 25 years. I do rentals and would be very happy to help you find a home. Please e-mail me,, or call me, and I can send you some available listings and explain the rental process to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Have A Wonderful Evening, Patty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Anne Oliver answered:
Hello Jose,

Take a look at the HUD website.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Kevin Olson, Jessica Laude answered:

Good news, I just went through this for the 3rd time so I have your answer! Chances are there is not a HUD tag (be sure to check all closets, kitchen cupboards, and beneath the sinks).

In each case, we had to go through the DMV (department of motor vehicles), and believe it or not the police department was able to help with information needed to refinance and/or sell. I believe you are trying to establish ownership, and in most states these homes are considered vehicles so they are registered with the appropriate department.

This might sound strange, but it is what was necessary. They treat your home the same as a vehicle. Hopefully this works well for you, when we tried getting a title company to help it was of little use.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 11, 2010
Paul Moffett answered:
As everyone stated on here there arefixed exspences for you as a seller.The good news is that there are fewer expenses for you as a seller and most are a fixed rate tied to your sales price such as doc and transfers.
ONE very important thing to remember is...commission is negotiable,anyone who says you have to pay 6% for full service is not helping you,and they are also probably tacking on additional admin fees and other costs for no reason but for themselves and their brokers.
If you would like to hear about getting a VERY competitive commission rate and great full service feel free to contact us for further details.You owe it to yourself to hear other options.We have over 20 years full time experience in the area to better serve you.
have a great day,
Paul Moffett
Remax Advantage
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun May 30, 2010
Gary Smith answered:
I assume you are going to hire the services of a professional home inspector before making any kind of real estate purchase. If so, great! I think you're making the right move. He/she will help determine if your electrical issues are considered a safety concern. As mentioned already in some of the answers, safety is one of the required repair items/issues under the 203K Program and they're required to be repaired by a licensed contractor.

You, as the buyer, will not be allowed to repair the electrical issues unless you can prove to the lender and their underwriting department that you are qualified to make the repairs (example: you are a licensed electrician),'ll want to be sure your lender will allow "self help". Not all lenders allow the buyer to work on the rehab. Check with your lender of choice.

Gary Smith - 203K Consultant
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat May 29, 2010
Skylerasue answered:
"FHA 203K consultant’s fees are established by HUD and can found on the HUD website. These fees are paid directly to the consultant and not a lender charge. Fees for the consultant can vary slightly by state and by consultant.

$5,000 - $7,500 $400
$7,5001 - $15,000 $500
$15,001 - $30,000 $600
$30,001 - $50,000 $700
$50,001 - $75,000 $800
$75,001 - $100,000 $900
$100,001 and up $1,000"

More information is online at :
... more
1 vote 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 2, 2010
Patty Smith answered:
No, I would not suggest a master bedroom with a bath in the basement. For your best return, kitchens and baths are the items that bring you back the most return. If these areas need attention, I would put some money into these areas. For the basement a finished family room and some much needed room for storage would be ideal. Contact Team Gardiner and we can give you some ideals. We have a certified Staging Expert as well as contractors on our team that we can recommend as well. Call me for your free pre-listing visit.

Patty Smith, Team Gardiner
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 19, 2010
Joyce Corcoran answered:
I clicked on "Submit Your Listings Now" and "Listing Details" came up, where I entered the address. No place to choose residential or land. ???????
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 5, 2010
Tina & Mike Benton answered:
Hello, As the other stated the records show who the owner is at this current time but it doesnt show if it is a foreclosure. You can look up the property tax records on your own. If your interested in buying a foreclosure please feel free to give me a call. Happy House Hunting.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Mount Airy Zip Codes