Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Montgomery : Real Estate Advice

  • All170
  • Local Info16
  • Home Buying60
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions11

Activity 75
Thu Oct 12, 2017
Kdillard2034 answered:
Does the seller own the bond even after the property is sold. How does the bond turn into cash.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 29, 2017
Wayne Hawkins answered:
are you looking for a nice property or financing?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 25, 2017
Bellagrace asked:
Sat Sep 16, 2017
Dana Lonadier asked:
Tue Jun 20, 2017
Swtsummerflww46donna answered:
I have a question about bond for tital I am the seller and the buyer missed a payment and is not going to bring it current also refuses to move so that the property can be sold says he is intimated to his equity back and is causing a big stink about it can I get some adice ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 23, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Trulia and Zillow do NOT update any listings. All listings are posted and updated by realtors, owners, landlords and property managers. Unless your realtor posted the listing, he/she cannot do anything to it. You need to go to the very bottom of the listing page where it says "Listing Provided by ___ " and contact that person. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 19, 2017
Hello, I'm a mortgage professional.

The first step would be to get a mortgage pre approval.

If you have any other questions or would like help with this you are welcome to get in touch with me. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 7, 2017
Latwanda Washington asked:
Wed Nov 9, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Before putting in an offer, how are you paying for this house? Did you get pre approved or are you paying 100% cash? If not paying cash, you need to speak with a lender and find out if a lender will give you a loan to buy this house. If you have a pre approval or paying cash - great!

There are 2 ways to put an offer to the seller: Either thru the realtor or directly to the seller. A realtor representing you will provide comparable recently sold homes so you have a fair and realistic price to submit an offer. Then a form is filled out and emailed to the seller or their realtor.

If dealing directly with a seller, it could be an email, a typed letter given to them by hand or something else.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Sep 4, 2016
Nina DD asked:
Fri May 22, 2015
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
you speak directly with a lender and see just how bad it is........then you work on improving it
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 21, 2015
Hi Nina
That IS a low credit score and you're going to find it difficult if not impossible to get a mortgage unless you have a large down payment. My guess is there is a reason the credit score is that low, so my advice is to focus on getting your finances/credit in order before you take the big step of trying to purchase a home. 578 is low but not hopeless. My guess is that with some hard work and dedication you could potentially have the credit where it needs to be within a year.

Speak to a local lender and have them pull your credit and let you know what areas could use improvement. Perhaps speak to a HUD approved housing counselor (find one at and take some homebuyer education classes to help prepare you.

The goal is not just to get you a home. The goal should be to set you up for success and SUSTAINED home ownership. After all, there are a lot of things that come up with being a homeowner and don't think you're done after you get the keys. Paint, furniture, appliances, upgrades...These are all things that can sink you if you're not prepared.

Take my advice, get your financial household in order before you actually take steps to purchase a household. Hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 7, 2015
Brittany898 answered:
FHA 203(b) Mortgages

The 203(b) is the most common mortgage loan product insured by the FHA. If you've found a home for sale and it needs $5,000 or less in repairs an FHA 203(b) insured mortgage may be for you.

FHA 203(b) mortgage funds also are disbursed to borrowers and their lenders in a single loan amount, much as with most conventional mortgages. Many foreclosed homes owned by the FHA and its parent agency, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, also qualify for FHA loans.

FHA 203(k) Mortgages

FHA 203(k) mortgages often are known as rehabilitation mortgages, because they're intended for homes needing significant rehabilitation. For example, you may find a home needing a teardown of its roof plus extensive foundation work.

An FHA 203(k) mortgage is disbursed in several stages, including the amount needed to purchase the home and then additional distributions as repairs are certified as complete. HUD-owned homes needing significant repairs are also offered for bid at its website, and they may qualify for FHA 203(k) mortgage financing.

Reference Link:
... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 11, 2015
Leisa Johnson answered:
Price your property taking into consideration condition and current market values. Do not price to negotiate. Price to sell.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Montgomery Neighborhoods