Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Monte Rio : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Fri Aug 14, 2015
Will Rogers said, "I only buy stocks that go up, they do not go up I do not buy them."

You have two questions here, should you pay cash or take a loan? If it goes up you should take a loan, if it goes down you shouldn't.

My best guess is that it will go up. Nobody knows.

Your 2nd question. How much down?

Most land loans require 35% down. So you probably will need to save some money. Here is a better idea.

Buy a home that is in need of work or the cheapest one you can. you can tear it down and your electric and sewer will already be in, which will save you thousands and thousands. You will be able to buy it with much less money down.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 19, 2015
David R. Millar answered:
It really depends on the size of the home it can be 50k or above depending on how high you need to go. let me know if you need any help
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 5, 2014
Tim Rosinski answered:
Everyone purchasing a house should review our home assessment check list before requesting a home inspection. We have designed a home assessment check list and encourage home owners and buyers to use it. Home inspections and radon testing are comprehensive home evaluations, and they are costly. So, before getting a home inspection and radon test do your own assessment it will help minimize surprises. Here is link to view or download assessment check list. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 31, 2010
Patty Thomson asked:
I am extremely interested in the rental home in Monte Rio for me and my family. Myself and my 3 sons. This house would be perfect for us, and fits every need we might have. Please keep…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 21, 2009
Daniel answered:
If you are going to change up the legal wording of your states pre-printed standard purchase agreement, You really need a real estate attorney

If you are simply re-wording the "filled in " or "hand written" on the pre-printed standard purchase agreement, have a licensed realtor help you, and explain ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 26, 2008
Annie Nguyen answered:
Dear Lance,

Check with your county assessor's office to get right information. You also need to check with the city planning department to see what exactly show on the plat map so you have the proof to show to your neighbor or your attorney later if you need one. Whatever was recorded in the county records most of the time are correct. Your neighbor can't just assume and take measurement by his own way and declares where the property line is. You might as well as for the record of history on your address so you can see where the true property line is. It also tells you where your land perimeter and get a survey copy from the survey office. When you have enough evidence and information, put them in the envelop with your writing notes and make a copy set for your record. Send to your neighbor by certified mail so you have the record for later use. If your neighbor doesn't want to settle then the last solution is to ask the help from a lawyer. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice