Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Mobile County : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 30
Fri Jan 20, 2017
Taylor Eggleston asked:
Tue Jul 26, 2016
J15foster asked:
How do I fix this. My address is 13285 Tom Gaston Rd. Mobile, AL 36695. I want to edit listing as it is not accurate. I did not create the listing.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 1, 2016
Crawfordcarolyn asked:
Sun Feb 14, 2016
Dwilkins asked:
Wed Nov 25, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Here's the good news, if that house sells quickly it could go for well over list price if your value is remotely correct. If there are multiple offers on that house, only one buyer will win. The others will be looking for another home as similar as possible. Your's will go next.
I had this happen a few years ago, only the other house was listed with someone else. We had been on for a little while at the upper end of the value range as my client was in no hurry to sell. As they were approaching a deadline where they were more motivated, the mirror image floor plan came on the market a few doors down for a significant amount less. My clients were very upset.
In the end, that home had multiple offers. The winning bidder and the seller were happy, but the other bidders came calling to us. We got near list price due to the activity they created and my sellers did fine in the end.
I hope this happens for you too.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 28, 2015
dploves2sellhomes answered:
There are a lot of great answers here. The simple answer is Yes. I would be interested in knowing why you asked this question. Do you have a concern?
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 28, 2015
dploves2sellhomes answered:
In my opinion that would be wonderful for the other Seller. If the Realtor has customers that are not interested in his/her home, then the Realtor could take the customer to the other home. I think it would generate more activity. I think it's a win-win situation. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 27, 2015
Kien Pham answered:
according to, you can pay a flat fee and list your home "for sale by owner" on, Trulia, and Zillow. It also lists your home on the local MLS. I have not used this method but will definitely try. I'm sure it will help if the seller offers to pay 2-3% commission for the buyer's agent. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 24, 2015
Anna M Brocco answered:
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed; if and when you do list with a broker, ask your agent to post the listing, or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site.... ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Cristina Alger answered:
So do you mean technicians or architectural?

I needed to visit TAFE to become only a *mild duty technician. Universities do not provide classes on truly being a *oil monkey. They're somewhat classier than that lol no, TAFE is more accessibility level instruction and Colleges are more connected with diplomas and levels, plus They're more difficult to enter.

You must research for longer and harder for the majority of-the classes.

Research the universities California - used to do a while to it ago and they might offer some thing to you on the architectural side but it is definitely not entry level.

You should be-a little more particular in what you're looking for since the area is fairly comprehensive. There is a-difference between a mechanic and an auto engineer.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Barbara Stanton answered:
The main question would be: Is it in a subdivision? If it is not, then there is more of an opening to having it zoned commercial. The trick is that it is my understanding that a property cannot be re-zoned unless there is a business that is planning to purchase the property and then would make the offer subject to being able to get the re-zoning done. There is more to it than simply a seller making a decision to sell a property as a commercial property. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Barbara Stanton answered:
Did you want the information for your local area or just anywhere in the USA? Let me know and I'll get the statistics for Mobile AL.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 15, 2010
Connie Estelle answered:
Read through your contract and make sure that you are past the number of days that you and your agent agreed upon at the time of signing the listing agreement. If you are past the agreed upon termination date then you can feel safe that you are not in any violation of contract and will not have to pay a commission.
Best of luck to you,
Connie Estelle, Realtor
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 1, 2010
Jeri Creson answered:
Tax consequences should ALWAYS be discussed with professional tax advisor - so regardless of what you read here, please...please check out any conclusions with your tax professional. The tax code is rather complicated, and life tends to be messy, with mitigating financial circumstances that could alter the "rule of thumb" findings -

That being said, I would look at the information at regarding capital gains issues. It will depend upon how long you and your husband have owned your home, whether or not it has been your principal residence for that entire time, etc. to determine if you meet the capital gains exclusion on principal residence. It used to be that you would have to "roll your investment" into another home to avoid capital gains, but the laws have changed and now it is not necessary to reinvest your gains up to certain limits. It's possible that you will owe no tax at all, even if you never purchase another home.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 8, 2010
Guy Gimenez answered:
The IRS actually puts the burden of this withholding on the buyer, not the seller. However, in Texas, the seller (or person authorized to act on behalf of seller) must sign an affidavit stating the seller is not a foreign person as IRS defines it. This falls under the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA). Haven't dealt with this in a while, but you can Google it and get all the info you will want to know about it.

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 8, 2010
Trevolyn Haines answered:
Hello Josh,
In real estate everything is negotiable, so you could negotiate with the new owner to pay all the transfer fees involved. (Those will vary depending on the location of the property & may include city, county, state transfer taxes & recording fees).
I would also speak to a CPA (accountant) to cover all the bases. (Have you considered gifting it to a charity? Then you would probably get a tax benefit).
Have a great day!
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 8, 2010
Gladys Webb answered:
Of course you can have free exposure with online networks facebook, twitter,activerain,linkedin,,trulia, national association of realtors too they can assist with information on property issue such as this. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice