Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

36605 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Tue Oct 8, 2013
Patriciacaster asked:
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Rameh Khazen answered:
No, unfortunately at this time it would probably be much greater to rebuild. I live off Rangeline near the water and with insurance that would cover my rebuild costs my annual insurance bill was outrageous and a claim had NEVER been filed on my home in 50 years. Never flooded, not even a missing shingle. So what I did was insure my home for a cash price so if anything did happen to it I would get X number of dollars. (the amount I insured) my insurance amount dropped to 1/4 what it was before. I would get enough cash back if something happened to go by a nicer home, and I would still own the land the wreckage of my home would be on to sell, plus new contents and liabilities covered... I guess everyone needs to just talk to their insurance agents and see what fits their needs. Give me a call if I can help buy or sell for you. Free to use a Realtor to buy of course. Rameh 251-786-4673. Thanks ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 30, 2009
Carolyn Hasser answered:
Hi Renee,
I'm a realtor in Mobile (08) and have just dealt with a divorced couple who had to sell their house. If his name is on the deed then he will have to ok the sale. Check with your lawyer first, though. In my circumstance, I represented the couple, separately, and communicated with each of them so they wouldn't have to talk with each other if they chose not to. I negotiated a price that each of them could agree on as well. This kept their sale out of the legal system which was great, because if the judge insists on a sale and the couple can't agree on a price, the courts take it over, the judge appoints a realtor, the realtor gets a 10% commission, and nobody (but the realtor) comes out on top. I would strongly recommend that you get a realtor you're comfortable talking to who is patient and persistent, and get her to list your house for you as well as communicate with your ex. It'll be much less stressful on you and you SHOULD get the same, or more, than if you sold it yourself!!! Good luck! ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice