Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Milwaukie : Real Estate Advice

  • All30
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 8
Mon Feb 5, 2018
Alan May answered:
It's not unreasonable for the seller to expect the buyer to pay for any inspection costs... (ie: the sewer company's scoping)... but I agree, even if they can get past the broken joint, it needs to be repaired.

The seller can decide if they want to "buy the house back from you" for the cost of the sewer repair. I agree with you... it's a red-flag, beause it needs to be repaired, and you have no idea what they'll find once it's unearthed.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 28, 2016
Melissaarmstrong825 asked:
Hi, I had my offer accepted on a home. During the inspection period major issues came up with house structurally and with the sewer. I signed a unconditional disapproval (prior to end of…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 28, 2015
rlrlmitchell answered:
No, but the laundry is in the two car garage.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 10, 2013
Julie Friedrich answered:
I will check, but I will need a bit more information about the property. What city is it located in?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Craig Loughridge answered:
HOAs have a number of options to recover past due HOA fees, though it may be hard for them to recover the fees from an absentee owner. Eventually, if not paid, the HOA could place a lien on the property, which can cloud the title, and make transferring the property difficult.

It occasionally happens that an owner doesn't pay HOA fees when they get into financial trouble, and when a lender takes back the property through foreclosure, that lender is usually on the hook to pay the fees in order to make it possible to re-sell the property. Whether that lender has any legal right to later go after you, the prior owner, for the unpaid fees, I am not sure. I, too, would recommend that you talk to a lawyer.

Some lawyers will answer general questions like yours over the phone at no charge. If you aren't able to get your questions answered free, the Oregon State Bar offers a great service where they will connect you with a real estate lawyer for a half-hour consultation for $35. You can contact the bar association's Lawyer Referral Service toll free at 1-800-452-7636, or submit a request for an LRS referral online at:

Best of Luck!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 6, 2012
Patty Rystadt answered:
I would be happy to contact the Seller, if you'd like! Patty 971-270-8281
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 19, 2010
Kevin Olson, Jessica Laude answered:
Contact the listing agent to make them aware, and they in turn should contact the bank. This type of thing happens, and the bank needs to be aware. If the home has no signs of break-ins, and things are consistently going missing they need to look into it.

From this point on I would photograph everything in the home as a form of accounting to keep track until the property closes. If there was damage caused breaking into the home and/or things listed in the contract you might have to seek credit or concession from the bank.
... more
1 vote 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Milwaukie Neighborhoods