Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Milwaukee : Real Estate Advice

  • All345
  • Local Info35
  • Home Buying129
  • Home Selling26
  • Market Conditions9

Activity 5
Sat Jul 2, 2016
Smgoel_adv answered:
Copy of Personal Accident Insurance Policy of Surinder Mohan Goel ICICI Lombard
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 4, 2015
Amelia Robinette answered:
Contact the company that handled your settlement/closing when you purchased the home.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 3, 2011
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Be careful and check with your state on what you need to do. Here is an example of what happens in Ohio.

MATTHEW FAIRFIELD, Cleveland, Ohio, was found by the Commission to have violated
Revised Code 4735.02, unlicensed activity, and was assessed a civil penalty in the amount of
$384,000.00. The Commission found that Matthew Fairfield, when for another, for a fee,
commission, or other valuable compensation or the expectation of a fee, commission, or other
compensation; rented, or leased or negotiated the rental or lease of real estate; managed or
offered, or attempted to operate or manage real estate; held himself out as engaged in the
selling, exchanging, purchasing, renting, or leasing of real estate without first being licensed
under Revised Code Chapter 4735.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
Look, don't worry about finding the owners.

I'll tell you how in a moment, but that's not what you ought to be doing.

What you do want to do is to contest the erroneous information on your credit report. Your credit report should have come with instructions on how to contest inaccurate or erroneous information. Identify those two errors, and notify the credit reporting agency. Leave it to them to verify the facts. If they still insist that you lived there, you can provide other information to dispute that information.

Also, maybe someone else with the same name as yours, or similar, did rent there. It doesn't mean that they were using your information. There are plenty of people around with the same first and last names. It's not at all uncommon for something like that to occur, and for one person's information to be attached to another person's credit report.

Still, if you want to contact the owners, start with the locations. Search online for the tax records in whatever city and state the property is in. Usually the information is online. And almost always, if it is, it'll show who owns the property and the person's address. If that doesn't work, sometimes you can call the tax office. If that doesn't work, call a Realtor in that town or city. He/she may choose not to provide that information to you, but he/she will have access to it.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Adam Kielpinski answered:
The Housing Authority City of Milwaukee's website should have all the information you need:

If you are currently not working with another REALTOR®, I would be glad to show you any properties that match your criteria.

Hope this helps!

Adam Kielpinski

Office: (262) 244-0708
Toll Free: 1-866-397-7155
Fax: (262) 244-0718
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice