Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Milwaukee : Real Estate Advice

  • All330
  • Local Info34
  • Home Buying121
  • Home Selling26
  • Market Conditions9

Activity 25
Sun Feb 19, 2017
Pattykolo888 asked:
Is her money in that account viewed as my money as well since my name is on the account?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 27, 2015
Josh Lund answered:
Hello first time buyer 1,
Good morning.

Are you still in the market to buy a home? If so, I would love to see if we can help you out. We work with 1st time home buyers all the time. Do you have a realtor yet? If not we have preferred ones we can get you in contact with. I would like to see if I can help you out with a home mortgage. I will try and make this a very easy process. Please let me know how to help out.
Thanks much.
Josh Lund
MN District Branch Manager
NMLS # 387408
Gold Star Financial Group
Mobile: 612.802.3265
Office: 952.884.5442
eFax: 877.666.0007
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 16, 2015
MkeHouse1 answered:
Check out Select Milwaukee:
They offer credit counseling services to get you on the track to becoming a homeowner. They have helped me in the home buying process and I couldn't be happier! Good luck! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 5, 2015
Sandy Thompson Girolami answered:
If you are a full time salaried employee you should be OK but if you are commissioned or a contracted employee you will need 2 years of history. The key is to get a solid pre-approval before placing your home on the market. Try a few different lenders. Direct lenders tend to have less overlays then brick and mortar banks ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 7, 2013
and223kw answered:
try a hard money lender. they might be better because it would not be based on your credit.
you could buy the property with hard money then refinance it with the bank after it's fixed up to get
a better rate and payment amt
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Rudy McDowell answered:
Hi, Monique

Based on your statement, outside of medical, you can't have any lates or collections after a BK. Especially if they are within the last 24 months. This guideline is across the board with all lenders and every program, including FHA,VA, and Fannie Mae. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 31, 2013
Jessica Bateman answered:
Yes!! I work with a lot of people who have less than perfect credit. I tell all my clients that need a pre approval to visit The Lenders Network, I have seen loan approvals from them even with scores under a 600. So if anyone can get you a loan they can.

Good luck to you!
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Linda S. Cefalu answered:
Great answers so far and do make sure you talk with lender asap. I have run into issues where the money needs to be in the account for a period of time - once it was as long as one month. They call this seasoned money.

The lender will have these answers for you.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Rob Chandler answered:
Midwest Commercial Funding, LLC
Residential and Commercial
Can close any deal in as little as 48hrs.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Mandy Fritsche answered:
Mandy Fritsche, Prospect Mortgage
Mortgage Loan Officer
NMLS# 557211
262-327-5700 Cell
877-868-9198 Fax
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 12, 2013
adeder answered:
Private Money Exchange will lend up to 65% LTV on investment residential properties. Repeat customers get up to 80%, however up to 100% is available if you have other equities or partners.

If you already have a property in mind, send me questions I can walk you through the process how you can qualify quickly.

Danny W. Der
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 5, 2013
Andie Knight answered:
Thu Jan 3, 2013
Sarah Floyd answered:
I work for a local hard money lender. I can get you his contact info if you are interested. You can reach me at 414-758-3223.

~Sarah Floyd
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 24, 2012
Wisconsinmortgages answered:
You could change the term on the condo from a 15 to a 30 to increase cash flow however it cannot be listed in order to do that. You could also drop the price to sell it quicker to allow you to buy the other property. You cannot abandon one to buy another. Your condo may be eligible for a HARP refi without an apprasial if it is a Fannie or Freddie and you opened it prior to June 2009. Thank you ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 24, 2012
Wisconsinmortgages answered:
Thu May 31, 2012
Michelle Battisfore answered:
Yes, as long as you qualify. The best thing to do is contact a mortgage consultant or your banks mortgage department to get accurate answers. I always refer my customers to a mortgage consultant that I know is dependable, well experienced and holds my customers hand thru the transaction. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 28, 2011
Rudy McDowell answered:
Best person to answer that is your accountant. If you don't have one, do a phone or live chat inquiry with your tax preparer software provider.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2011
George Raymondo answered:
FNMA Homepath can be a good loan for some, but be more difficult to qualify for. I have seen borrowers with 660 scores get approved and 680+ scores get denied but put them into an FHA loan and sail through. Be sure to speak to good Loan Officer and search all the possible programs available to you. If the property requires a Homepath loan that's a different story. For example with Condos, due to the delinquency or rental factors, Homepath is the nearly the only way to get some of them financed.

Best of Luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Sandra J Steele SFR, AHWD, SRS answered:
Yes, I suggest that you go to your local banker and your local mortgage company. You are in a beautiful part of the country and if I can be of assistance to you by referring a REALTOR® to you in your area, please contact me at

Have a wonderful day in your gorgeous area!!

Sandra J Steele
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 10, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
An fha loan is meant for owner occupants, if you decide to rent the property which has a fha loan, you could be in default of that loan. If your home is not selling you should check with a listing agent experienced in short sales and see if it is teh price that is holding your property back from selling.

Please see my blog with tips and advice on shortsales
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice