Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Milwaukee : Real Estate Advice

  • All336
  • Local Info34
  • Home Buying124
  • Home Selling26
  • Market Conditions9

Activity 385
Yesterday at 1:46pm
Kathy Burgreen answered:
First call a Title company for your local area and explain your situation. They should help you or point you in the right direction. You can Google this for your area. Then you will need to contact a real estate attorney and explain the situation to them. Between the Title company and lawyer, you should be on the right path.

One major question that will be asked: Do you have the cash to pay the $15,000. in back taxes? Once the title transfers to you, don't expect your boyfriend to pay anything towards the back taxes or maintenance. Everything will be your responsibility.

As an older adult, I do have some advice for you. Since he owns this house, his credit has suffered with the bankruptcy and back taxes. Don't let your credit suffer. If you can get the title or deed to transfer to your name, the best option is to sell the home and walk away with whatever profit you can get. You spent money maintaining the home, so hopefully it can sell at a fair price - not a foreclosed price. If you do sell the home, then find a home that is AFFORDABLE where you won't need to claim bankruptcy. I would also consider dumping your boyfriend. There are men out there with better finances.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Yesterday at 1:29pm
Jlerette asked:
My boyfriend bought a foreclosure in cash for $15,000 in 2009. My name isn't on the title/deed but I stuck thousands into fixing it up over the years. He currently owes about 15,000…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 8, 2017
Vettysdom answered:
This property has been rented.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 8, 2017
Ferneitarthurs answered:
My credit score is low as 4 50 i am badly in need of a cheap loan to build my credit will they consider me..ive being trying oh so long.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sat May 27, 2017
Marquis Posey asked:
My share of my current apartment's rent is $385 and FamilyCare want me to move into a more cost effective apartment.
1 vote 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue May 23, 2017
Verna59 asked:
Thu May 11, 2017
Pvrushali8 answered:
I just have a question.. I am interested making an offer on a property which was recently treated for water intrusion issues in the basement. I want to conduct a pre- offer inspection but the seller refused. Does this mean there is something fishy about the property? Are pre- offer inspections common in MN? ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Fri May 5, 2017
Karl Holtermann asked:
Fri Apr 28, 2017
Thomaslprescottsr5 asked:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 asked:
Purchased 3 separate properties (2 commercial, 1 residential) This required a commercial loan. can I refinance to a residential loan now?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 24, 2017 answered:
No Real property is not subject to sales tax in Wisconsin
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 9, 2017
Teena Gunn asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 25, 2017
Ticem01 answered:
Where do I find "my listings"? I see that it's supposed to be in the navigation bar. Under what name? The 1st step is to go to my listings but there is not a tab named that.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Feb 19, 2017
Pattykolo888 asked:
Is her money in that account viewed as my money as well since my name is on the account?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 13, 2017
Yhend07 asked:
Wed Feb 1, 2017
Gingerhous answered:
My boyfriend wants to leave me the house if he dies, does he have to put me in the will for,that? He has children one of which is the executive of his will. He has another house 1/2 is owned by his ex and it is not sold yet he wants to leave me his half if he should pass..does this also need to be in his will and will,this protect on both ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 26, 2016
Kathy Burgreen answered:
This has nothing to do with the appraisal as suggested by asgj1978 below. Your situation has to do with the type of loan you are getting. You need to understand that some loans require the home to be habitable and functional before title transfers. Other types of loans are more flexible. Ask your lender if you can switch to a different type of loan that is more flexible with repair requirements. Plan B is to use a different lender. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice