Good Morning Mick,
Cornell Woods is a beautiful community that has an association all homeowners belong to. Lawns are maintained, snow removal and septic system maintenance, etc. This feature provides you with a single family home without the necessary outdoor maintenance. It also means that you pay a monthly association fee, currently assessed at $390 per month. On the active listings, an additional assessment is also noted.
When considering the purchase of a home, I always go over all the costs with my buyer clients, developing a monthly budget before making a final purchase decision and subsequent offer. The first questions I ask may seem like common sense:
1. What size home are you looking for?
2. How many bedrooms/bathrooms?
3. Important features; i.e., garage, basement, walk up attic, family room, eat in kitchen, etc.?
4. Walking distance to shops and public transportation?
5. Community features; i.e., community pool, tennis, golf, recreation and parks?
6. Mortgage/taxes/association fees. Total monthly budget?
7. City, town or village?
This is the beginning of my list of questions. If I know what my client is looking for, the search for your new home is a pleasure. Today's market is very different and can be frustrating for buyers and sellers. I see my job as taking the frustration away and handling all the details involved in the transaction.
Please let me know if I can help you in your search for a new home.