ck.powell, Other/Just Looking in Norfolk, VA

We are PCSing in 7 months, when should we start looking for a house and when should we obtain our preapproval for VA loan?

Asked by ck.powell, Norfolk, VA Wed Apr 3, 2013

Answers

3
ck.powell, , Norfolk, VA
Thu Apr 4, 2013
I have checked our FICO scores...which will they go by credit score or fico score, or is it the same thing? Our FICOs are 708 and 720, maybe higher now because we have paid of a couple of things and also took care of some discrepencies on there. Isn't your preapproval only good for a certain amount of time? We aren't looking to actually purchase/close until October. We will fly out to VA in September to look at houses and put in an offer etc. and we don't want them to have to keep pulling our credit and lower it.
Abrams Realty…, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Feel free to call me for assistance. 757-642-0118. We work with many members of the military and are familiar with the PCS process.
~Liz
Wed Apr 3, 2013
You should start looking now! ! You should also get your pre appoval ;) You will need it when you want to make an offer.