Stephen Walk…, Renter in San Diego, CA

Military Relocation

Asked by Stephen Walker, San Diego, CA Mon Feb 18, 2013

I'm a single service member moving to the St. Louis area for the next 36 mo. In previous years i've stayed in gov't housing and this will be the first time I have to find a house on my own. Besides this website where should I begin? What are some military friendly communities in the area.

Answers

6
Hi Stephen, I would love to help you find the perfect home for you. Additionally thank you sir for your service! I specialize in working with first time home buyers and can help you with your VA loan if that is the route you'd like to take. Scott Airforce base is the closet to St. Louis. There are a number of areas I'm sure you will be pleased with. Please send me a note and I will get ahold of you to give you step by step guidance. Have a great day! Lisa
I am a veteran as well as a realtor. The closest military housing is at scott afb, but most people stationed in st louis chose tolive on the MO side of the river and avoid the longer commute. Iwould be happy to discuss your options with you and set you up with a local online website search that can help you
Depending on your assignment location will make a big difference where you should be looking to live. To lease or purchase will be your next decision. The market in Saint Louis is very fragmented in terms of values with some areas showing increases in value and others continuing decline. To get the best perspective on the area you should work directly with an agent that can then set you up to receive information directly from our local Multiple Listing System. This will give you the detail you will need to make an informed decision. This service is free from any agent in the area and is the smart way to get it done.
I have had the honor to help active and retired sevice members settle in the area or relocate to their next assignment. If you would like my help, please contact me directly. Thanks for your service.
Hi Stephen,

Are you going to be over at Scott AFB or at one of the local installations on the MIssouri side like the one up on Page? There are several areas around Scott and a vast variety of places here on the Missouri side. It really would depend on where you will be stationed as to where you might want to look.

I would be happy to speak with you about what your options would be based on where you would be working -- It is pretty easy to get around the St. Louis metro area so there are a lot of choices.
I will be on recruiting duty and from what I understand the office I will be located in the Concord area. I would prefer something around a 20min or less commute.
Flag Mon Feb 18, 2013
I think much will depend on where you will work in deciding where to live. Please feel free to go to http://www.denisedowd.lisitngbook.com to set up a free search of our STL MLS system. You can plug in your criteria and search whatever you'd like. This is for the Missouri side of the river. Since we have several industries associated with the military here, you won't find a problem living just about anywhere. If you would like personal assistance with your search please feel free to contact me at Denise@soldonservice.net
Hi Stephen! Are you looking to lease for the 36 mo period? Do you need to be close to a particular military base?