Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

96789 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Thu Aug 17, 2017
Dt3366 asked:
Wed Aug 16, 2017
Corinne Fukushima asked:
Sun Nov 27, 2016
Mahalo, long as you "purchase" the property from her there is no gift tax on equity. The lender will go off the purchase price and not the apprised value as well so you need to come up with a down payment for the 200K plus closing cost. This is considered a "arms length" transaction and has some different guidelines than a traditional purchase. You can also look at taking the mortgage over making six months of payments in a refinance situation. Where the down payment and closing cost would not need to be paid of pocket. You contact me via my profile to answer more questions.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Sep 27, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
It's impossible for Trulia to monitor millions of listings. It really is just a big database of info. If this is a scam, you can "FLAG" the listing as a scam, and Trulia moderators will remove it. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Jeff Howard answered:
Or you can just call the #1 Loan Officer in Hawaii and get all the information you need for USDA home loan approvals.
Check us out at or ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 9, 2013
John Gephart answered:
Happy to help you! Have you found an agent already? Just following up with your post. Shoot me an email at and we can meet up at my Mililani Town Center office anytime. Cell is best 808-203-7424 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Thom Colby answered:

The HOA fees remain with the property as do the taxes. It's likely no one will buy this property unless those items are cleared. Further, a Deed in Lieu is a good alternative if you only have one loan BUT the bank likely won't do it with the HOA so high.

If the property goes to foreclosure, the bank will eventually have to pay those items before they can transfer title.

You should do a short sale and those items may be able to be cleared in the sale.

Make SURE you use a REALTOR who holds a RE license in your State.

Best of luck,

Thom Colby
Broker / Owner & Certified HAFA Specialist
Thom Colby Properties
Newport Beach, CA
Moving Lives Forward (TM)
We NEVER DOUBLE-END Transactions in our Brokerage. IN MY OPINION, there is NO benefit to the Seller or Buyer and only benefits the Agent. Also, NEVER use your RE Agent / Broker as your Lender or vice versa. Also, be careful when using Real Estate Broker-owned Escrow and Title Companies - they can be loads of trouble.
888-391-5245 Direct Cell
DRE# 01398570
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 2, 2012
Susan Leifer answered:
In order to answer your question completely, I need to ask you if you are a buyer or a seller and have you received your Short Sale Letter of Agreement?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 25, 2011
Clark Miyazaki, R answered:
440a...tuesday...october 25 2011


here's a link on "WOODLAWN TERR-MELEMANU"

this link will provide detail information and at a quick glance:

1) owner-occupany is only 23 % and this percentage indicates that the residents in this complex are renters

2) the property is located outside of the town called 'wahiawa - 96786' and adjacent to the wheeler army airfield and although the neighborhood may be considered 'mililani - 96789', the property location is closer to wahiawa than mililani.

hope this helps and it is more factual information and one would have to interviews resident of WOODLAWN TERR-MELEMANU to answer and/or get a better response to your question.

have nice days.


... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 24, 2011
Caroline M. Miller (R) answered:
Aloha. I am very familiar with your situation, and yes HOA dues do not get dismissed! However, the HOA's can be settled in a short sale. Often times your BK attorney will not answer questions about your home, etc. Sometimes the BK attorney charges additional fees if you want him to settle the real estate property for you. I have helped several home owners sell their property after Bankruptcy, and I can help you too. I know what questions to ask your lender and your home owner's association to get the process moving towards settlement! Please call me today to discuss your home situation at 630-9396.

Sincerely, Caroline Miller, Real Estate Agent, SFR, e-PRO
Prudential Locations LLC
Direct: 630-9396
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice