Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

08840 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 15
Thu Aug 11, 2016
Angelica P answered:

We didn't get enough information about your problem to resolve the issue. Please provide us with complete property address and we will be happy to assist you.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Apr 4, 2014
Diane Glander answered:
You do not have to evict them. NJ landlord/tenant law states that without a lease all you have to do is give 30 days notice. Then, if they don't leave, you will have to evict them.

If it comes to the point that you have to evict them and you own as a corporation ,you will need an attorney. If you own as an individual, you just go to the courthouse to file an eviction notice.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 4, 2013
jay_parikh answered:
I would like to rent out my current condo, please contact me at or 908-627-3255. It's 2 bed, 1 bath & basement in Jefferson Park metuchen.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 4, 2013
jay_parikh answered:
I would like to rent out my current condo, please contact me at or 908-627-3255. It's 2 bed, 1 bath & basement in Jefferson Park metuchen.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 10, 2013
Lorraine Colavito answered:
In Metuchen the proximity to the schools does not dictate where the students attend. All students attend, Moss - Kindergarten,Campbell - Elementary, Edgar- Middle School, then Metuchen High School. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 1, 2013
Ronald Sheedy answered:

I service the Middlesex County area and would be happy to assist you and your wife in your search for an apartment. Please give me a call at your convenience to discuss your real estate needs.

Ron Sheedy
(732) 239-7452
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Andrew Tisellano answered:

An agent can feature a house so that it will appear at the top of search list.

For my 30+ listings the lower priced one receives the most hits, looks, and inquiry
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 27, 2012
Poonacha Bollera answered:
Will be renting a Two bedroom townhouse with finished basement in Metuchen Soon. Very close to NYC trains and downtown shopping and restaurants.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Sonia Bafna-McDougal answered:
we just spoke a few minutes ago. i will do a search for you and send you the results. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.
Sonia bafna-McDougal
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 21, 2010
Kenneth Verbeyst answered:
Lina , as for cost this can vary greatly depending upon specs of work, quality of fixtures etc. As stated make certain you get all permits. Get multiple quotes and ask for references. Check those references. A bathroom could cost a couple of thousand or many times that. (1/2 bath vs full, prefab shower vs custom with whirl pool tub etc) Will you be insulating? Will you need to upgrade systems there currently such as electrical panel or hvac? You may have to maintain access to valves etc. Before you go too far down the road I suggest you check around your area to see what value this will add and keep this in mind when planning your work. You dont want to spend 30 or 40K to finish basement where most homes spent 10K (unless you plan to stay a very long time) ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 7, 2010
Mary Petti answered:
I would pay for the stakes, especially if you want to put in a fence. You will have to apply for a permit for the fencing, and show where it will be using a copy of the survey. Some towns do not allow it to be right on the property line so knowing your exact property lines is a must.

You must have the surveyor do it, as you do not have the proper equipment to place them yourself, and if they are off, it could cause problems later on.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sun May 2, 2010
Catherine "Cathy" Chaudemanche answered:
Hi Dee,

Cathy here and I am following up on your original question.
Are you all set and did you find what you were looking for? If you have a minute please update us to close the loop.
If you still have needs please don't hesitate to reach out to Gil or myself.

Thank you again for using Trulia and reaching out to local professionals.

Cathy C-
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 6, 2010
Robert Bruno answered:
As a former home builder, I would advise extreme caution. Hire a structural engineer to assess the foundation's structural integrity, and an architect to determine if the existing footing will be capable of the load bearing capacity of the new home. The foundation is the most important part of a home, Problems with that will be very costly.

Bob Bruno
Robert Bruno Realtor
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 1, 2009
Mary Petti answered:
The buzz was that in order to cut back on municipal services, the state might mandate that some smaller towns merge their police & fire departments, not the towns or town governments. The rumor flies every so often but i cannot even see that happening. ... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 26, 2008
Jay answered:
A certificate of occupancy is not required for a resale.
A certificate of inspection from fire department is needed.
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice