Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Quality of Life in Mchenry County : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Sun Nov 24, 2013
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
You should have a copy of your association's basic rules and regulations..........if this problem isn't addressed, or you can't find any reference to it, call the property management company and ask them.

Certainly any city should have "noise" laws in place, so as mentioned below, reach out to the local police station for more clarification.

Good luck!

I am in a town home community, and some years ago had a neighbor who left her 3 BARKING dogs on her deck for hours at a time, from early in the morning to late at night......(she did that rather than walk them!). I looked into it, and discovered there was a specific rule stating dogs were NOT to be left unattended or leashed/tied up outside!

The neighbor was made aware of this rule, and the problem was solved.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 26, 2010
Rinda Gersch answered:
Both areas are desirable but it depends on if you want a "new subdivision" type home or an "original/one of a kind" home. Just remember even though prices are low, taxes are still high so make sure you can afford the taxes on a $350,000 home. That will definitely help narrow down your choices for you and still give you plenty to choose from. Also double check on any Home Owner Association fees since that could be an additional cost. Hope this helps! ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice