Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

21133 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 15
Thu Apr 13, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Most down payment assistance programs have a minimum credit score of 620 or higher. Therefore, you need to do something to increase your score to at least 620 otherwise you will have to pay the down payment + closing costs out of your own pocket.

Do yourself a favor. Stay where you are even if renting and work hard on improving your credit. If you buy now, lenders will charge you higher interest rates, higher fees + you will pay for mortgage insurance. Why waste money?

You can save thousands of dollars if you wait until your score is 620 or higher. At that point, interest rates are lower, fees are low and if you can save some money, your mortgage insurance will be lower.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2016
Msmoneypennyi11 asked:
I filed a chapter 13 how can I refinance or sell my current home and/or purchase an affordable new home while in bankruptcy
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 1, 2015 asked:
Wed Apr 1, 2015 asked:
Sat Aug 23, 2014
Mr. Alexis answered:
I have plenty of lenders that will work with you. Give me a call, Mr. Alexis professional realtor in MD 443 552 8145
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 22, 2014
Joseph Luht answered:
Sounds like a condo or small rancher would work out great for you. Send me an email if you would like me to start searching for you.

Joseph Luht
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Tatyana Baytler answered:
try to get quotes from - they give you free estimates from 3 contractors.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Brian Nguyen answered:
Yes this is certainly true but the bankruptcy and finances have some restrictions in order to qualify after a year.

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Robert McArtor answered:
Look around the windows and doors. There may be a notice posted of a property preservation company hired by the lender to take care of the property.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Nina Harris answered:
48 hours notice to show a house reads......"Not a Serious Seller" or "Difficult to Negotiate with".

If anything, it deters buyers.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 24, 2011
LaChele Kellam answered:
This property is still listed as under contract and due to settle in a few days. Although all prices are negotiable, this is not a practice I am familiar with. Once there is a contract in place that has been executed by all parties, all parties have to agree to any changes.
LaChele Kellam
Real Estate Sales Consultant
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Frank Dolski answered:
Stage it well! Price it well and make sure that it is decluttered. Let me know if you need to pick an agent in the area. I have the ability and resources tto pick the top agent and top broker in every given area in the U.S and abroad. I have tons of references.

Good Luck!

Best Regards,
Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
CARTUS Certified Relocation Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x103 (office)
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 26, 2008
Jesus (jesse) Gonzalez answered:
Because of the threat of legal action, as a Realtor, I suggest you speak with a Real Estate Attorney immediately! At this point, no Realtor should be advising you of anything other than speak with an Attorney, we are not legal professionals and therefore, we (Realtors) don't need to be handing out legal opinions. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 18, 2008
Art Lane answered:
Realtors are not attorneys, nor can we offer any legal advice; the following comments are not intended to replace the advice of a competent lawyer.

Emotions often get in the way of accomplishing the end goal of selling a home. What you might want to consider is having your "tenant" voluntarily leave your home in advance of the settlement by offering to put them up in a hotel for an agreed period of time and storing their belongings, if required, for a specified period of time.

Before doing this, contact your Realtor and ask them to contact the buyers' agent to determine if the contract can be resurrected and the deal put back on the tracks. If so, have the tenant vacate immediately, commit to a settlement date and then get on with life. It sure beats having to pay commissions and legal fees, while still having a home to sell.

Best of luck to you.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice