Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Mays Landing : Real Estate Advice

  • All50
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying20
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 22
Mon Dec 5, 2016
Alysse Musgrave answered:
It's the seller's responsibility.

Buying a Home? Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/
Exclusive Buyer Broker

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 15, 2016
Dejajanee answered:
A financial institution must be approved by USDA in order to be eligible for providing home loans in rural areas under its residential program guidelines. Find USDA lenders in New Jersey at ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 17, 2015
Quinntonia Berry answered:
I would be happy to refer you to a great agent in your area. Just contact me through my Trulia profile.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 12, 2015
Ed Groussman answered:

I can work with those scores on an FHA loan or a VA loan.

Feel free to email me directly at

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 30, 2014
Lorraine Marek answered:
Great Community to check out is Artists Walk. Call me if you would like information 609-464-2012
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Helene Jeanette answered:
Holly is spot on. You might be able to do 0% down for a USDA or VA loan (if eligible), 3.5% for FHA, 20% for conventional, programs like "live where you work," or you might find seller financing.

I'd love to put you in touch with an expert in this area who has done all of these and can help guide you to the best option for you. Please contact me at or at or just call: 973.207.9803 and let's talk.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Nicholas Jacoby answered:
As stated by Mr. Thomas from Caslifornia, your best option is just to rent and save your money. The only person that benefits from a leas purchase is the seller.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
Do you like having a high level of privacy?
Do you like having your own backyard to putter around in?
Do you want the freedom to paint your house the color you want, or add on if you want?

All of the above may be reasons to go with a single family home, as you are the master of your domain!!!


In a townhome you will give up some of the privacy - most likely you may share a dirveway, and have at least 1 common won't be able to make any exterior changes and will have to abide by the bylaws of the homeowner's association.
(I can't even put up hanging plants outside!)

Have you ever owned a home?

I did for 22 years, and it was great while my son was growing up...... now I am enjoying townhome happy not to deal with landscapers or snow removal people or gutter cleaners or new roofs or exterior painting.......all of that is taken care of in my complex...........that's a big plus for me..........

Ask yourself what is important and would be a plus to you!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
I am not sure what the laws in Michigan are. For those below here in NC the taxes do not change with a sale. The assessments are changed between 4-8 years and once set they stay the same until the county govt decides to reassess which they can do between 4-8 years. The tax rate can change a little each year but a sale does not affect the assessments. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Ed Mawhinney answered:

As Larry stated, you would have to file a tax appeal with the city between Jan. 1 and April 1. The process is very simple and you do not need to hire an attorney, but sometimes that could help.

Just go to the county building in Mayslanding on the 2nd floor to the County Board of Taxation to get all the necessary forms and instructions.

Ed Mawhinney - Mortgage Advisor/Planner
Aurora Financial Group
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Chris Chiofalo asked:
Where is the closest fire hydrant to the property 1700 drake avenue mays landing no 08330. Thanks
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 17, 2010
Phil DiGiacinto answered:
If you want the home and are willing to wait, sign it, but I would ask your agent why the delay?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 13, 2010
Nycdrone-53799 answered:
They are playing poker with you and trying to squeeze every last bit from you because you've already probably let on that you love this house by offering more than listed, or simply saying it.

Tell everyone , including your realtor that you have a funny feeling about the whole thing and have to think twice but don't burn any bridges. In the meantime, get yourself some other options by getting another realtor and looking at more properties.
... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 11, 2010
Jessica Nooney answered:
Absolutely consult a real estate attorney who can guide you through the proper course of action. Have your inspection reports and Seller Disclosure Statements available for review. The information disclosed by your inspectors and the previous owners will be vitale. I also believe the statute of limitations for litigation in real estate matters is 7 years, so contact an attorney as soon as possible.

Best of luck to you!

Jessica E. Nooney
Weichert Realtors
(609) 654-8633 Ext. 121
(609) 276-8183 (CELL)
(609) 479-5333 (Direct Fax)

"Helping You Reach Your Real Estate Goals - Buying or Selling"
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 30, 2010
Ian A. Wolf answered:
Basically, no. Get a 203k on the one that would be a primary residence and get a renovation loan on the other one. Wells Fargo does a lot of investor renovation loans. You could try them and see what options they may have for you. If you need a contact there, let me know. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 8, 2009
Jeff K answered:
You may wish to consider beaches in nearby Delaware. Prices are much better and property taxes vastly more reasonable. But they may not work for your intended needs. Just my 2 cents!
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 11, 2009
Laura Giannotta answered:
Your REALTOR can provide you with that information. If this is not related to a search to purchase property, YOU can go to the Atlantic County Court House and find out that information.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Realty Atlantic Shore
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Mays Landing Zip Codes