Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

11378 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Sun Jun 7, 2015
Christopher Fritts answered:
I would assume that your purchase agreement contains a financing contingency. If you no longer qualify for the loan due to your husband being permanently laid off from work, then I would think this qualifies as an "out" of the agreement. You really should contact your real estate agent immediately. Most agreements state that if you do not qualify for the specified loan in the agreement, you must immediately inform the seller. So, please contact your agent for advise on this matter. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 1, 2014
dploves2sellhomes answered:
I agree with Paul about staying away from the bigger banks. I would speak to a mortgage professional. A consultation should be free of charge. Make sure the mortgage Broker is from a well known Firm that has been in business for a long time. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed May 14, 2014
Monique Housen-Hila asked:
I am working with a buyer, we located a lot/land he's VERY interested in. The property is listed exclusively. I got the necessary info was sent more info regarding zoning, permits…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 26, 2014
Bill Eckler answered:

Seeking a company that truly supports their new agents is a must. Unfortunately too many companies don't take their support beyond training people to do things THEIR way...Find someone that is willing to provide you with a legitimate "mentor" that can guide you through every aspect of the business and help you to enjoy being successful. There's no substitute for being able to "shadow" a successful agent.

Your focus should be to not be one of the 75% that wash out after 4-5 years that share that the lack of real and meaningful support was the cause of their demise.

Also, if you can't find the support you require initially....don't wait, move on until you find the right opportunity!

Good luck,

... more
1 vote 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Check or consider working with an agent; or check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money, word of mouth, etc.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Javier Meneses answered:
Though I only handle & specialize on residential mortgages, I can definitely put you in contact with someone who handles commercial loans in my company. I promise you'll be in good hands. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS #23130
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516) 606-9648
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
If looking to sell, invite a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask opinions and go from there; cma's are provided free of charge by most agents, or consider hiring a professional appraiser. ... more
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 3, 2011
Marlene Dietrich answered:
If you are buying this home, you will get disclosures about this from your agent or your attorney. If it does have an HOA and you do have payments each month you will also have CC&R's which will restrict what you can and cannot do in your community ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 6, 2011
Gail Gladstone answered:
There is no such thing as standard commission. Realtor fees are based upon the Realtor's assessment of their own value.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 25, 2010
Robin Silverberg answered:
I work with a lender that has allowed homes to close that have a CO as a 2 family, and are currently being used as a single family. Contact me if you would like to work with me on a loan. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 1, 2009
Anna M Brocco answered:
It will depend on the bank, and how badly do you want to remain until it is sold.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 11, 2009
Fajardo Delacruz answered:
We can try to work with the bank or find whothe listing agent is.
Let me known what you think. If you have additional questions you can direct them to me.
My Direct # 347-813-1290.
Here is my website

Hope to hear from you soon.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice