Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in Martinez : Real Estate Advice

  • All58
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying21
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 2
Mon Aug 20, 2012
smaloney409 answered:
Depending on where you would like to live, you'll need to see if that county/ city has a HUD approved housing authority. I work a lot with the Oakland Housing Authority which is the local organization in the city of Oakland that disperses HUD funds through their section 8 program. In Oakland there are about 14,000 vouchers available to assist precipitants with housing costs. On average it take up to five years on the waiting list before someone is approved. Applicants are granted a voucher based on a lottery system, not on the basis of need, unfortunately.

I think I read somewhere that the city of Pittsburg or Antioch has something on the order of 1,800 vouchers active at any one time. Voucher turn over is very rare, as you can imagine. Good luck with your search.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 4, 2010
Monir Mamoun answered:
Wowsers, better late asking than never.

I found a web site with some info. I cite below and provide the link as well.

Must California property managers have a real estate broker's license?

YES. A broker's license is required for any person or company that, for compensation, leases or rents or offers to lease or rent, or places for rent, or solicits listing of places for rent, or solicits for prospective tenants, or negotiates the sale, purchase or exchanges of leases on real property, or on a business opportunity, or collects rents from real property, or improvements thereon, or from business opportunities. Businesses and Professions Code, Chapter 3, Article 1, Sec. 10131(b). A salesperson working under a broker may engage in such activities.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
General Area in Martinez Zip Codes