Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Marshalltown : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Thu May 29, 2014
Yanoska Diaz answered:
You need to research into Private Money Lending if you do not have good credit. Private financing usually over rides credit history. In Private Financing expect higher interest rate, higher upfront costs and a larger amount of down-payment. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Chris & Cindy Brodin answered:
I would have an market analysis or appraisal completed and then
seek legal assistance and advise from your CPA.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 19, 2010
Joseph Finnerty answered:
There are some institutions out there that will still lend on credit scores at 580 or above. If your credit score is low you need to have some really good numbers on your income to debt ratios (how much you make per month versus how much you put out on bills...etc).

I recall an email, from a few months ago, that I believe was from Bank of America stating they had some loans available for this situation.

Hope this helps.


Joe Finnerty
Lehigh Valley, PA
Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Main Office: 610-865-7776
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 18, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Thre tax credit is just that, it needs to be filed after the transaction is complete and your tax consultant can answer any other questions you may have; see the IRS website for more information--,,id=206293,00.html
As for the mortgage, why not visit with any qualified loan officer(s) and see exactly what your budget can handle and take it from there.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 9, 2009
John Beltramea answered:
Some listing contracts have a "protection period" built in stating if someone who has seen the home with a realtor tries to buy the home w/out the realtors' help within the specified time frame the seller is bound to pay the commission. Only the seller and realtor knows the terms of his listing agreement, the sellers may have "reserved" you as a buyer. Since the seller has the contract and the seller would have to pay the commission, they should be the one contacting an attorney-if you did not sign a buyers' agency agreement.
Question to consider though is- that if you had provided service to a prospective customer, wouldn't you want to be paid? Have you had contact with the agent and is he continuing to work for you in your home search?
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 16, 2009
Milbrey asked:
Search Advice
Marshalltown Zip Codes