Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Mars : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 10
Wed Sep 24, 2014
My NC Homes Team answered:
If you're looking to buy and want a buyer broker (definitely in your best interest) Ninety-nine percent of the time they are paid by the seller at closing. They receive a percentage (generally 2.5-3%) of the total purchase price. If you're looking to rent different areas work differently sometimes the teant pays a fee but most often this is also covered by the Landlord. I've attached a link below that you will likely find helpful on what you should be looking for in a Realtor. After reading it click on the Find an Agent tab in the green bar at the top of every Trulia page and enter Mars Pa and you'll get a list of some of the top agents in that area.

Good Luck
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 17, 2014
Sally Grenier answered:
Is your home listed for sale, or are you looking at public records info? If it's for sale, you should contact your REALTOR and have it corrected in the MLS. They can also edit their own listing info.

But if you're referring to your home's public records info, you'll have to take that up with the county assessor's office. But you could be opening a can of worms. If you're trying to update things like square footage or bedrooms and bathrooms.....first ask yourself -- WHY? If you're adding SF or BR/BA then you better be sure that the work was permitted. AND...if it're going to get the lovely benefit of paying HIGHER TAXES. So again..I'd figure out what you're trying to do and why is it important. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 15, 2014
jian_791 asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 27, 2013
Craig Lipchin answered:
Hi, was there a question you needed answered regarding this property?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 24, 2013
James & Lee Ann Wehner answered:
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Nicole C. (Mohrfeld) Rumpf answered:
A rental certified Realtor such as myself can search for available rental properties listed with a real estate agent that meet your housing needs. In addition to finding you a home to rent I am qualified to negotiate and write the lease agreement for you. Please feel free to contact me for more information.

Nicole C. Rumpf
Prudential Preferred Realty
Office: 412-367-8000 x222

"The Greatest Compliment I Can Receive is a Referral From My Clients"
... more
1 vote 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 10, 2012
Gina Loebell and Jan Thompson answered:
An agreement of sale is a contract, therefore it is best to consult a lawyer before termination to determine what liability you may have. Has the seller accepted the responsiblity for cleaning the mold? If so, and they can prove that the mold has been remediated, he or she has fulfilled that responsibility. Have all the other contingencies of the contract been met? Depending upon how the contract was completed, you may only stand to lose your hand money. I do hope that you are working with a buyer's agent who will guide you through this critical time in the contract. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun May 6, 2012
Laurie Kelly answered:
HI Tim,

Sounds like you have a nice home and that you are willing to accept some sound advice from an agent. Without actually seeing the home, it is hard for me to tell you what might need to be done to prepare it for sale. I would have to also do comparisons with others that have sold in your neighborhood in the last 6 mos. Also, with any listing, I do a staging session with the owners to prepare it for sale, pictures, etc.

Best Regards,

Laurie Kelly, Realtor
RE/MAX Select
Cranberry Twp pa 16066
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
Mike your answer is way to general. You cannot make assumptions unless you live have direct experience in a particular area. In my neck of the woods, in some neighborhoods well over 50% of the homes may have sump pumps. The answer to this question depends on many things:

- Is it customary for homes in the area to be built with sump pumps installed (in some areas this is true)?
- Is there a flooding problem in the area or this house in particular?
- Does this house have a history of flooding or water damage?

In my area, as long as you explain why the sump pump is there and if any water regularly comes into the basement, it should not affect the sale of the home.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Mike Netzel answered:
Great question...
what determines better?
Cost of ownership?
Ease and lifestyle?
Cost or convenience?
Not avoiding the question, seeking the most important definition of "better"
PS: With our rates of appreciation, not certain the "ivnvestment" criteria applies.
Your Neighborhood Professional,
Mike Netzel
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Mars Zip Codes