Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Marlborough : Real Estate Advice

  • All72
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 3
Fri Aug 11, 2017
Steve Bracero answered:
Your lender is the best person to speak with you about this situation.
Are you looking to sell then buy with the money gained from your sell?
Yes, they should be able to add in the money you receive from the sale of your property! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2011
Deb Frank answered:
If the property is presently zoned as a 2-family, then you would obtain financing on the entire property as a 2-family home. If the property was legally converted into condos, then you you could purchase one unit as owner-occupied and the other unit as an investment property. Alternatively, you could purchase and convert the property back to a 2-family with a rehab. loan (examples are the FHA 203(k) and the Fannie Mae HomeStyle loan) ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat May 30, 2009
Janet Sterman answered:
From what I have heard from other borrowers, it is preferable to use a local lender versus an online company. Not to say these firms are not reputable, but recourse is a lot different with a company based in California versus one based in Massachusetts.
As far as financing a mobile home through FHA, this would fall into the "manufactured homes" category. Please review the website noted below. I will have time to research this further later on this weekend.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Financing in Marlborough Zip Codes