zest home value

Asked by Camille Bandoo, Yonkers, NY Thu Sep 5, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3126006350-163-Hillview-Ave-Y…

Answers

4
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Don't rely on online valuations as some are inaccurate, nor updated; rather review comps with your agent, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests and go from there...
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Hi Camille, I must warn you about online home valuation. They are typically incorrect because they pull from town records that are usually out of date. The online systems also don't take into consideration updates and condition unless that information is manually inputted. The best way to get the most accurate information is to have an agent do a comparative market analysis. They will use the data from the MLS along with there professional opinion. As a buyers agent I provide this service to my clients anytime they want to make an offer.

I always encourage making an educated offer based on recent sold data within the subject homes immediate area (if possible) and what you the buyer feels the home is worth after seeing others in your price range. This way you can show the seller you have done your homework, it strengthens your negotiating position. One last factor to consider is supply and demand. There may not be enough sold data in an area to help you determine a fair offer, you then have to think about the appraisal. If the home doesn't appraise for the number needed to get your loan you will have to decide if it's worth putting down a little more cash to offset the difference. This is done quite often when a buyer really wants a home. Hope this helps!

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Licensed Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Gregory Gill…, Agent, Armonk, NY
Thu Sep 5, 2013
One more thing Camille because the zest value is $388,000 that gives you tons of room for negotiation.
If you allow me to represent you as your agent we can definitely get this property for a price that would meet all of your needs. Call anytime day or night.

Gregory Gillman
Grand Lux Realty
(914)830-3110
Gregory Gill…, Agent, Armonk, NY
Thu Sep 5, 2013
The zest home value is $388,000. If you have any interest in this property and need any assistance please give contact me. As a current resident of Yonkers, I am very familiar with the area.

Gregory Gillman
Grand Lux Realty
(914)830-3110