why are homes in jupiter, FL and surrounding areas so cheap?

Asked by Jen Kling, Borden, IN Tue Jun 14, 2011

My husband may be transferred to Juno Beach, FL. We have been looking in the area to see what real estate is available and are finding that real estate prices have plummeted since 2005. I have heard horror stories about chinese drywall but I also know FL has a high foreclosure rate. What can you tell me about coastal real estate? we are from Indiana and would be new to the southern state.

Answers

4
Kristen Danz…, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Hi Jen,

I moved here from Seattle in 2008 and have settled into Jupiter nicely. It is a great area. I have a daughter that is enrolled in the public school system. Most of the schools are A-rated. Jupiter and Juno Beach have a great mix of full-time and part-time residents. There are many activities and the ocean is beautiful. I think these are some of the reasons real estate prices have increased. Please click on the link to the latest news in the Palm Beach Post regarding the market. I specialize in Jupiter and Juno Beach, please give me a call if you are looking for realtor.

Kristen
Jack Liebsch…, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Compared to the surrounding areas, Jupiter seems to be holding up a little better in regards to price due to better demand and lower supply. Still, you should have no problem finding a great deal in this area. If you are patient and can take your time before purchasing, you may want to consider finding yourself a short term rental to give your family the opportunity to become more familiar with the area and determine where and what type of home best suits you. When my family arrived in Florida, we originally began our search in Broward County but eventually worked our way up the coast until we discovered Jupiter, and we quickly realized it would be our home. We could have purchased similar homes in areas north and south of Jupiter for a little less, but schools, beaches, nice communities, and fewer distressed properties made the extra cost worth it to us.

As for Chinese drywall, I don't believe it has had any impact on price, unless of course a house has it installed. A quick inspection of copper coils and wires exposed to drywall can be very revealing. In addition, most home inspectors can usually provide good advice if a home may need additional testing for such drywall.

If I can offer any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me via email or phone.
Web Reference:  http://www.pbagent.com
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Jen,

Best of luck with negotiations on the new job for your husband. Jupiter, and the surrounding communities offer, in my humble opinion, the highest quality of life you will find anywhere in the Sunshine State. Cheap is a relative term but there are some tremendous values in the area and so much depends not only on your specific needs but also working with a Realtor® who has your best interest at heart. Very little Chinese drywall in Jupiter but make sure you are fully informed on any home built between 2004 and 2007 A great place for an introduction to the area is a brief blog I did about Jupiter;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/jupiter-rocks/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Just recently we were out with a client from New York who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tompriester.com
Teddy Jagess…, , Wellington, FL
Tue Jun 14, 2011
All I can tell you is now is the best time to buy real estate in Florida with prices back to 2002 levels how can you go wrong with your due diligence you can pick up a great property at a great price. http://www.mywellingtonrealestate.info
Web Reference:  http://mypbchomes.com