who do I report a bad realtor to?

Asked by Karen, 28443 Fri Jan 27, 2012

Answers

9
Karen, Both Buyer And Seller, 28443
Sat Jan 28, 2012
This woman did several things that no one in the real estate business should ever do. I am not sure if she is a real estate agent or a realtor. I'll need to look into that. What she did was unethical. I can't say anymore because we might be going to court before this is completely over. Despite her grave errors, I still don't think realtors are bad-I just happened to get one that is. Thank you all for your responses. Your answers were very helpful.
Darrell Hess, Agent, Asheville, NC
Sat Jan 28, 2012
It may be the law to provide this pamphlet about "working with a real estate agent" in your state, but come on lets get real! A piece of paper with some words on it does not make every agent out there professional, honest, and keeps them upholding the Realtor title.

That said, this post brings up another question. Does the agent Karen is referring to even a Realtor, or just a real estate agent. Karen you need to know there is a difference. In fact the person you are referring to may not be either of the two. What did you discover or notice that help you come up with the conclusion of a bad Realtor? As others have said below you can talk with your state's board or real estate commission to report deceitful acts.
Web Reference:  http://timetomove.biz
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sat Jan 28, 2012
You can start with the principle broker and if you need to take it furth, the local real estate board or Dept of State Licensing Division.

Chris
Mona Gersky, Agent, Dillsboro, NC
Sat Jan 28, 2012
Brenda, I made no assumptions. The question didn't provide enough information to make assumptions.

Karen may well have received this but not had it reviewed with her, she may not have understood its importance, it may have been misplaced, or the agent never gave it to her. There are a myriad of reasons she might have asked the question. My hope was to prompt her first to look in whatever file she might have for her real estate paperwork and look for that document. Since many consumers read these posts, it seemed like a good forum for anyone interested in real estate to realize this is a document that all real estate agents in NC at least, by law, must provide to prospective clients.
Brenda Feria, Agent, Richmond, VA
Sat Jan 28, 2012
To Gersky-Rojohn I would say, you are assuming that Karen received the "Working With Real Estate Agents" brochure. My guess is if she had this, she wouldn't be asking the question.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sat Jan 28, 2012
If they are not the owner of their company I would speak to the Broker in Charge. You can also file a complaint with the NC Real Estate. I've included a link below to thier website.
Mona Gersky, Agent, Dillsboro, NC
Sat Jan 28, 2012
Karen, first I'd like to say how much all REALTORs are unhappy that you feel you need to ask this question. You have a couple of avenues available to you. When you began your relationship with this agent, they probably provided the brochure "Working With Real Estate Agents" published by the NC Real Estate Commission. The brochure should have been reviewed with you thoroughly and you would have been asked to sign that this information was provided to and reviewed with you. In that brochure is included where to report an agent that you feel has violated any portion of this relationship or any portion of subsequent Agreements with the relationship. I'll provide a link to the brochure below and it should provide you with the contact information you might need. Review it first, it's a very serious thing to report an agent.

You can also talk with the agent's Broker in Charge about the matter. Good luck and I hope there is a good resolution for all involved.
Wayne Olson, Agent, Portland, OR
Fri Jan 27, 2012
You can also attempt to reach your agent's broker and, if he or she is a member of the National Association of Realtors, your local association of realtors.
BXT AXT, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Jan 27, 2012
The department of real estate for your state.