which of the recent sales in 94947 is considered comps for my house which is located at 18 meadowbrook court off of Laurie

Asked by Hk, 94947 Sat Aug 21, 2010

comps for 18 meadowbrook court , novato 94947

Answers

4
Tristan Celayeta’s answer
Tristan Cela…, , Marin County, CA
Sat Aug 21, 2010
http://www.trulia.com/homes/compare/California/Novato/sold/4… - click RECENTLY SOLD.

Zillow has comps - use link below.
Connie Medei…, Agent, Novato, CA
Tue Aug 24, 2010
Hi Haleh
It looks like you have a beautiful pool and a nice cul de sac setting. It's difficult to give you a price range without seeing the inside of your home. From looking at the outside of your home it appears that the price range would be from $480,000 to $520,000. If you are thinking of selling in the future, I'm also happy to provide you with some staging advice. I'm going to mail you some comparables and general information. Please feel free to contact me if you need additional information.
Hope you're staying cool on this hot day
Connie
Web Reference:  http://www.dareweb.biz
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Mon Aug 23, 2010
Hello HK:

Drove by your house on the way home. Your house seems to be very well taken care of, on a very nice location, a small cul de sac, just off Laurie and close to Sinaloa.

Got the statistics as mentioned below by Mary Kay and Kathy from the Tax Record.

Here is a link to properties that are within 1 mile radius, between 1300sf to 2,000sf, 3 to 4 bedrooms, 2 to 4 baths that are listed, pending or sold within the last 6 months.

http://norcalmls.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Bar…

On paper and by drive-by, you house should be quite desirable and from the link of home I included, I would tend to venture your house will start at around mid $500K.

When you check out these properties for your comps, please check on the obvious square footage, lot size, number of bedrooms/baths, and then you have to look at the location, the view, the floor plan, the upgrades, how appealing are the homes to buyers, etc. Because in today’s buyers market. buyers either want everything to be done right or they want a bargain. The best thing a seller can do is to price the house right, and prepare the house to be move-in ready, and make it show great to buyers. Price right, of course, is most important. Which can be an important factor in pricing strategy.

Without viewing your property, it’s difficult to decide the price for your home as you can imagine.

I live and work in Novato and am very familiar with the local properties and communities. I would be very happy to go and take a look at your house and help you decide what to do with you home according to your goals.

Sylvia Barry
Frank Howard Allen Realtors
(415) 717-0293 http://www.SylviaBarryRE.com
Mary Kay and…, Agent, San Rafael, CA
Sat Aug 21, 2010
Haleh,

Looking at what is currently on the market and what has sold in the past 6 months, without looking at your house, which public records says is 1,656 sq. ft. on a 12,540 sq. ft. lot with a pool, it looks as if your house is the high $400,000 to mid $500,000 range. There have not been many properties that have come up in your specific neighborhood except a house on Laurie that was larger than yours with a smaller lot and no pool. That sold for $480,000, and it was a "short sale". There was one on Kendon that sold for $502,000, and one on Western that sold for $520,000.

In order to give you a more accurate value, it would be helpful to be able to see your home, its condition, any upgrades, etc. At that point, we could then compare it with other comparable properties and determine a value based on how it compares with currently listed properties and properties that have sold in the last 6 months.

We tour new listings in Novato every Wednesday and currently have clients looking for Novato property. let us know if we can be of any further assistance!!!

Mary Kay and Kathy