Market Conditions in 60526>Question Details

Evren, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

what you expecting what house price will be for 2 yrs later? will it go up or down ( writting about 60526?

Asked by Evren, Outside U.S. Tue Apr 14, 2009

illinois )

Prices are bouncing at the bottom and are still being reduced. It all depends exactly "where" in La Grange you are referring and I can let you know more.

Location, location,'s all about location and of course situation.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 28, 2010
Hey Evren,

It's very difficult to answer your question.

The market is very depressed at the moment, and given better economic conditions for home buying, prices should rise. Too many variables to count to be sure.

Best of luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 14, 2009
i live in 60513 and can tell you that the average price has gone up 3-4% from this time last year.

as far as 60526 it depends where you are at.

i only deal with serious buyers/sellers if you are one, email me if you have further questions.

thanks and good luck.
Below is a house price prediction site for your state. Take a look and see what they think will impact prices.

We have a lot of foreclosures to come from bad loans. They are concentrated more in cal and florida. They may also be in your area. If so those will be coming through 2012. That is 2 years. Government interference (aka loan mods and foreclosure moratoriums) could extent that time frame. I expect it could be a year or more to clear all those foreclosures once they arrive. That suggests 2013, more likely 2014 would be the first possible up year for prices nationwide (barring hyper-inflation).
Many factors that impact housing are in the red now and for the foreseeable future. One indicator that has become very negative is the number of people one month behind in the house payment. The chart shows that 70% of them are not going to make it up and they will either walk away or go into foreclosure. This is going to keep a weight on the price of existing home sales and negatively effect new home construction. I do not see this clearing any time soon.
Demand usually drives prices up. Currently there is an over abundance of inventory which is keeping the prices down. As long as that inventory is there, the prices will remain where they are or perhaps go a little lower. How long it will take before things start on the upside is anyones guess. Don't expect the inventory to deplete anytime soon.
I agree, many factors will impact future home values. However, hard to imagine (but I suppose possible) that the market won't have stabilized a bit two years out. The big unkown is interest rates. Some economist worry that huge deficit spending will inevitably push interest rates higher - how high and how soon are the big unknowns.