what would be the fair sale prize for this home?

Asked by rmurali44, Livingston, NJ Thu Apr 10, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3144895663-9-Norman-Ct-Living…

Answers

9
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Apr 10, 2014
While I am very familiar with the neighborhood and specific home, I am not comfortable giving a price opinion online.
I would also hesitate to advise you if you DO have an agent in place already.

I would hope you're working with an agent who can provide you with the information you need to make an educated decision regarding fair market value for this home,

Remember, however, there is no exact number, but rather a range..........the bottom line will be how much the home is worth to you.
There are recent sales in that area, a relatively new, but small section, so information on what has sold is available.

If you email me, I'd be happy to provide closed sales, if you're not already represented.

Best wishes....

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties

Email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com

http://www.LivingstonAgent.com
Armin Lusiny…, Agent, Short Hills, NJ
Thu Apr 10, 2014
Hi there...this type of question will only produce a lot of generic "answers" - statements. And I am not saying they are wrong, but do you truly expect to hear ... "the fair price is $123456" ? The truth is, there is no one answer to this question and it depends on the situation.
Take your time, do your homework :) . Go preview all the houses in this price range in Livingston (if that's the only town on your list) , talk to your buyer's agent, go over comps with him/her, and if you don't have an agent ... do yourself a favor - get one!

Good luck with finding your dream home! (for a fair price ;)))

Armin Lusinyants
973-303-9779
alusinyants@gmail.com
http://armin.kwrealty.com/
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Apr 10, 2014
This is the question you need to direct towards your REALTOR.
Your Realtor will have recent sales data, pending sales information, trends and most important,
the 'value' matrix of the seller.

Clearly the SELLER believes the listed price is a FAIR offer, but may be willing to open a dialog with something lower.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Thu Apr 10, 2014
The answer should come from an agent who actually sees the home, a good buyer broker can easily assess what the homes value is in todays market to help you base your offer on.
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Thu Apr 10, 2014
Contact a local Realtor and ask them to give you a free comparative market analysis.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
Lena Pesso, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Apr 10, 2014
I am familiar with this particular home since I've shown it to potential buyers several weeks back.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally for more insight; I specialize in Livingston and the nearby towns.

Lena Pesso
Weichert Realtors
973 368-3801
Web Reference:  http://Www.lenapesso.com
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Thu Apr 10, 2014
Purchase price of a home is a based on two main criteria's

Need and Wants

Need a home - you must buy and compare all similar homes in the market and determine which is the best value today.

Want a home - want certain features, maybe price motivated, have no affinity to a certain area, in no rush,

So on the home you are asking about - Do you have a buyers broker? Do you need to buy a home? Do you want to buy a home? Have you visited similar priced homes in the market? How does it compare?

Next step would be to make an offer on it, if it just came on the market it may demand a higher or closer to asking price, if it has been on the market for a while it may command a lower price.

Remember a home is not an investment - it is a forced way of saving money, it does offer some tax advantages. One hopes that it will appreciate, but as we have seen it can also depreciate.
Sharon and K…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Apr 10, 2014
A similar home was recently closed yesterday in Livingston for over 1.2m.
From the pictures and general condition, this home seem to priced fairly.

Good luck on your purchase. Should you need further assistance feel free to call our team.

Sharon and Karen home team
Keller Williams
Livingston
917-294-0356
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Thu Apr 10, 2014
It's very difficult to answer that question without seeing the interior of the home but I did look up recent sales in Livingston and I have a general idea. If you would like to call me I would be happy to share that information with you. 201-602-4458.