what was the average sales price for homes in SOMA in the early 1990s (1993)?

Asked by Tasia, San Francisco, CA Wed Jun 11, 2008

Answers

3
Melanie Narducci’s answer
Melanie Nard…, , San Francisco, CA
Fri Jun 13, 2008
There were 9 loft/condo/TICs sold in 1993; from a $66,000 studio to a $440,000 2/2 with remainder in the $160,000 - 230,000 range. There were 2 5+ unit buildings sold during this time frame, 1 lot (a probate), and 21 unlisted solds per the mls -- The Baycrest, a couple in 75 Folsom. Let me know if you need more info.
Nancy Corsaut, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Fri Jun 13, 2008
According to the statistics provided by the San Francisco Multiple Listing Service, the average sales price in SOMA and South Beach during 1993 was $229,750. This includes condominiums as well as lofts.
Web Reference:  http://www.nancycorsaut.com
Melanie Nard…, , San Francisco, CA
Wed Jun 11, 2008
That's a bit of history for SOMA and South Beach ... I used to work there in the late 90's with a dot-com, there wasn't much of a real estate market at that time. The ballpark was built around then and I think the Portside and 88 King (The Towers) was also finished although they began as condos, finished as a rental building and then back to condo sales, as well as the Bay Crest,. The Old Seaman's home was there on Harrison at 1st; and the bridge was still there!

Art Haus moved in about 5 years ago on Brannan ... and started their First Saturday Art Walk a year and a half ago when they noticed there were neighbors walking on weekends. 15 years changes a lot!