what is the market trend for vacation rentals?buying and renting to supplement mortgage?

Asked by Tomviss, North Carolina Sun Apr 12, 2009

Answers

7
Chris Oliver, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Wed Jun 12, 2013
This year has been a very strong market on the rental side as well as the resale and new construction as well with the prices increasing and the inventory of homes down and it seems by all the indicators that this healthy market is going to be around for a while.

Please contact me for more info it would be my pleasure helping you find that special piece of Paradise down here at the beach.

Chris Oliver

Wilkinson & Associates ERA

910-599-7244

homesbychrisoliver@gmail.com

http://www.coastalcarolinahomesales.com
Justin Donat…, Agent, Carolina Beach, NC
Mon Aug 6, 2012
This year we have seen a ton of vacation rentals. A lot of North Carolina families enjoy vacationing at the beach. Rents are up, occupancy is up. For investment purposes, I recommend to clients who wish to rent their homes (short term), that they purchase within 2 blocks of the beach. Doing so will ensure a successful rental income. We have more market info on our website.

To see ocean front homes, please click here:
http://www.coastwalkrealestate.com/oceanfront-homes/

We specialize in the beach, and can help you find a super home!

910-458-9119
Coastwalk Real Estate
Mon Aug 6, 2012

910-458-9119
Coastwalk Real Estate
Chris Oliver, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Mon Aug 6, 2012
The Beaches here at Carolina and Kure beach make a great investment for that savvy investor that wants to buy a property rent it and some day retire here. This place is still a well kept secret and if your lucky enough to buy and live here you will find out want I am talking about..

So come visit my island and let me give you the tour

Chris
Victory Prop…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Thu Nov 11, 2010
Justin nailed it. All too many brokers sold hundreds of homes to clients under the assumption it would make a great vacation rental despite the fact that homes several blocks from the ocean really do not. Justin and Coastwalk are one of the few companies that truly understand the beach rental market and even if you are not renting your purchase out it's critical to know how that market effects values. One caveat, private pools can make a vacation rental several blocks from the ocean quite desirable. The long term rental market is suffering, and probably more so than the vacation rental market. This however doesn't mean you can't rent your home using either method. What I have noticed is that while there are a massive number of homes for rent both vacation and long term, 90% of these owners and companies are floundering in the current economy and it's relatively easy to rise above the competition if you work hard and RESEARCH!
Tue Nov 17, 2009
With regards to long term renals, I would also suggest renting unfurnished. A tenant at thi stage in their life should have some of their own furniture. I have seen properties that ahve been rented furnished...abused by tenants.

With regards to short terms rentals, you must be ocean front or a very close second row to rent consistently. Don't let anynoe tell you different.

If you plan to use the property some yourself, and rent other weeks, then you can get away with being a little further back (2-3 blocks).

If you need any assistance in buying or selling, please do not hesitate to contact me...and island local, and a hard worker!
Web Reference:  http://www.MyCoastwalk.com
Barbara Buch…, Home Seller, 20815
Wed Apr 22, 2009
Long term rentals are a little bit over supplied, but it is possible to find good tenants. I've had rental properties there for 4 years now and have kept them mostly filled. Vacation properties are doing fairly well too -- try United Beach Vacations with Coldwell Banker for more information. Occupancy rates have been climbing as well as rental prices, year over year, as the Island has continued to improve itself in appearance, offerings of restaurants, and general overall atmosphere. Lots of future plans to upgrade Carolina Beach, so we expect continued rising. Now 3 bedrooms rent for $1100 - $1300 a month, long term. See United Beach Vacations for short term vacation rates on condos, etc.