what is the average home price in Berkshire County, Massachusetts?

Asked by Joann, Massachusetts Mon Jul 23, 2007

Answers

4
Rob Goodwin,…, , Easton, MA
Mon Jul 23, 2007
Good evening Joann:

2nd Qtr 2007 stats from multiple listing of solds:

Median Price: $208,500
Average Price: $260,557

Rob
Web Reference:  http://RobertDGoodwin.com
Melissa Manc…, Agent, Plainville, MA
Mon Jul 23, 2007
Hi Joann,

Yes. John in right! With 28 single family homes that have sold in the last 90 days, the average sales price was $264,321. The average listing price was $282,818; translating to homes selling at about 93% of their current asking price. The average market time for these sales was 146 days.

Melissa Mancini, Realtor, CBR, GRI
Web Reference:  http://MelissaBMancini.com
john allaire, Agent, easton, MA
Mon Jul 23, 2007
Currently under agreement iin Berkshire County for both houses and condos: average asking price $296,708 (we won't know the actual sales prices until they pass papers)

Sold in the past 90 days in Berkshire County for both houses an condos: average sales price of $264,321

If you would like any other time frames or separation of information by houses or condos or some other "sort" function just let us know and we'll post that information for you.

My best, John Allaire
Bob Romeo, Agent, Lenox, MA
Fri Sep 14, 2007
Joann:
I do not know where the previous answers came from regarding the number of sold single family homes in Berkshire County. Per the Berkshire Multiple Listing Service, there were 341 sales since June 10, 2007.
Since there is a significant pricing difference in the county, I have separated the data by region: Northern Berkshire County closed 66, Central County closed 168 and the Southern Berkshires closed 107 homes. It should be noted that the Southern Berkshires have a very high percentage of 2nd home buyers whereas the other two regions tend to be more local buyers.
I was not able to harvest the average price but will have that figure for you if the mls will supply same.