what is an average sold price per square foot for a 400sq ft condo in hyde park?

Asked by Hp, 78751 Wed Sep 8, 2010

hyde park investment property

Answers

8
Doug Vogelsa…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Sep 8, 2010
If you are searching for sold prices, perhaps you want to consider going to http://www.austin787homevalues.com/
Enter your name and email address, along with the parameters by which you wish to search, and you will receive an email with a link showing up to 100 property matches that meet your criteria - including those sold (with prices and $/sq ft) in the last 3 months. It also provides data on average and median prices as well as days on market.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Peace in your home,

Doug Vogelsass
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Dec 31, 2010
Dear HP,
Did you find the answer you were looking for or are you still searching? Hyde Park is usually considered more desireable than UT area as it is not as congested with 100% students. Values have held pertty steady over the last 20 years. If I can help just let me know. Have a safe and happy holiday!
Cheers,
Betina
Gwynn Carpen…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Sep 8, 2010
HP - the price per sq. foot is so misleading.....every condo must be evaluated individually - being updated will usually bring a better price per sq. foot so will " mess with" average price per sq. ft. Even the complex where the condo is located will effect the price per sq. foot.

With all that said, I did a quick search in the MLS and used only the last 6 months of comparable solds for 400-450 sf and came up with an average of $206.62. With today's economy the average price per sq ft is really effected the further back you go from today's date.

You have a choice of Realtors and great answers in this thread of conversation so chose wisely if you are planning on purchasing soon. We'd love to be your Realtor or at least compete for your business....so check us out at http://www.homeandhearthrealty.com.
Condo Joe, , Austin, TX
Wed Sep 8, 2010
The "average" sold price per sq foot over the last year is $220 per sq ft. I can send you a chart showing the price per sq foot over time for individual complexes or for an area if you like.

"Condo Joe" Bryson
Real Estate Alliance, Inc.
condojoe@re-al.com
512/203-4100
Anita Dallas, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Sep 8, 2010
As noted by other posters, it is a little difficult to give you a specific answer to a pretty general question. But, I did a quick search of UT area condos (using 78705 & 78751 zips as search criteria) that sold since April 1, 2010 with no more than 500 SF.
Sold $/SF ranged from $192.89 for a 394 SF condo at 3000 Guadalupe to $270.00 for a 400 SF condo at 2206 Nueces.
Of course this does not take into account any HOA fees, special assessments, parking or ease of finding tenants - all critical info for investment properties, especially around UT.
My company specializes in UT housing and I'll be glad to give you more specific info if you want to contact me directly at anita@habitathunters.com, 512/626-9885
Hope this info is useful.
1st Zero-Emi…, , Austin, TX
Wed Sep 8, 2010
$230 is one average. If that average doesn't work, let us know and we'll get you another.
Kristee Leon…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Sep 8, 2010
Which condo community is the condo located in? Has it been updated? If so, what updates have been made? The price per sqft is specific to the condo community the condo is located in. Please feel free to email me at kristee@theleadersrealty.com or call me at 512-695-5144 for a free comparative market analysis for your property.

Kristee Leonard, Broker/Owner
The Leaders Realty, LLC
512-695-5144 Cell
http://www.theleadersrealty.com
Jim Robillard, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Sep 8, 2010
Hp:

There's not enough data in the MLS for a simple answer to this question, and since there are so few properties that fit your description a price per square foot calculation probably won't be very helpful in any case. It will take a little homework to compare prices of comparable alternatives to determine a reasonalbe price for a particular property.