Market Conditions in 75206>Question Details

Toni, Both Buyer and Seller in 75206

what documentation do you provide for recent homes sold ....?

Asked by Toni, 75206 Thu May 29, 2008

I need to find comps for recent homes sold in my area for the appraisal district to review to lower my taxes. can i find this thru your site?

Okay, this is an old question, but I still want to throw out a comment, because someone else will be asking this question again in a couple of months.

I definitely endorse the idea of getting a trusted REALTOR to put together the comparable sales information. Just be sure he uses sales from the year before. For example, the appraisal for 2009 is supposed to be good on January 1 of 2009. If you contest that appraisal, use comparable sales from 2008. Don't use any 2009 sales. The appraisers/review board will throw them out because they happened after January 1.
Web Reference:
There are some companies that do this but the fee is very high.
Everyone is correct in having a Realtor do this for you. No the Tax appraiser does not have all this information. They do not search the MLS, there are homes sold that are not on the MLS and they have to figure all taxes the same. This is a non disclosure state and only on the MLS does it show the sales price, the information the tax appraisal office receives is on the loan amount.
You need to have a realtor to provide the comp's however the tax appraisal district also has the same info. when properties are bought and sold they are posted in the new tax rolls. 75206 has had a tremendous growth with new construction and etc. that will increase property values if you live in an older property. Why in some instances in Highland Park homes for sale or University Park you have seniors who have owned homes for 50 years then they have monster homes built beside them the older homes have jump in property taxes however they have over 65 tax exemption.
Hi Toni
If you would provide me with your address and email I would be happy to run the comps for your area. My contact info is or feel free to call 817 989-4811.
No. That kind of info is gathered from the MLS by agents and by running a special report that only MLS participants can access. Email me at and I will be glad to provide it for you at no charge! Melinda James 972-839-4962.