Barnejo, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

what are people's thoughts on the houses and neighborhood on east hortter?

Asked by Barnejo, Philadelphia, PA Sun Aug 9, 2009

we're looking at houses in east mt airy and found a cute one on e hortter street. anyone know the area?

Answers

4
I have lived in the area for many years and although some of the houses are nice, many of the neighbors are not. They seemed to not be interested in the upkeep of the neighborhood especially the outside of the houses. I am speaking of the east side of Hortter street that is between the 0-100 unit block. that would be between Germantown Avenue and Musgrave Street and up to Chew Avenue. Now the 300-500 blocks are beautiful tree lined streets with garages and a nice sized front yard area. The houses are typically enclosed front porches and have 3 or 4 bedrooms. The range in price has been between 100,000 to 170,000 consistantly. This is between Chew and Belfield Avenues. Its like night and day when you compare to the other hundreds between Germantown and Chew Avenues. Well that is all the information that I possess and as I said, I used to live in the area since I was 12 years old and since have been watching the market very closely especially since I am in the market to buy a home myself. As the realtor stated above, Mt Airy is a strong selling neighborhood but only a resident would know how the neighborhood really is.
Hi: I will have a listing in Calumet St shortly I want you to see 3 bedrooms 1.5 baths
what is your price range?
Let me know
Margarita Swartz
Hablo Espanol y tu?
I do a lot of work in Mt Airy. In looking at the last 2 years, Mt Airy has held its own! We are seeing a lot of folks moving to Mt Airy from Center City for value and space.

Amanda

http://www.saundersrealestatenow.com
Everyones opinion of a neighborhood is going to vary. You as the buyer need to be comfortablel iving in a neighborhood tht best suits your needs (is it close to schools, transportation etc) Your next step would be to have an agent advise as to the pricing of the house. Is it too high, too low, priced to sell? You can do your own research also, there are plenty of websites that offer all types of information including Trulia.

As far as the comment below, real estate is a local market. If you do your research you will see that Philadelphia's market is one of the strongest and values for the most part have been very stable. There are even a few areas where values have gone up. Now is the time to take advantage of the market while there are still incentives to buy and please dont take advice from someone who has no idea about our local market.

If you are looking for an agent to represent you please feel free to contact me anytime. I am a full time PA and NJ licensed real estate agent who is very familiar with the Philadelphia and S. Jersey markets