since 2004, has the Newport RI real estate market had an overall increase of over 10%?? My sister has

Asked by Diane Cannon, Westchester Village, Bronx, NY Wed Sep 12, 2007

My sister has a home in Historical hill. She thinks her vaule has increased. I think it stayed the same since 2004. who is right?

Answers

3
Tom, Home Owner, Newport County, RI
Mon Mar 21, 2011
Today? Neither of you. Maybe she's even upside down.
The Bellevue…, Agent, Newport, RI
Fri Jan 11, 2008
Your sistsers home has certainly appreciated. Year over year statistics indicate median price off by only 2% from 2006 to 2007. Average price up over 10%. Historic hill is a high demand area and I am sure that there are several buyers right now for the property. I compile a great deal of statistics including daily tracking of inventory, sales, etc. I'd be happy to email you some more detailed statistics on request. chapmana@raviesre.com. Thank you. Arthur Chapman. Broker/Owner, William Raveis Chapman Enstone, 49 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI 401 846 3800
Web Reference:  http://www.raveis.com
Brenda Ferna…, , Rhode Island
Sat Nov 17, 2007
Unfortunately most of Ri as well as the remainder of the country had had a decrease in market value due to high inventory and lending problems. The best solution is to contact a local Realtor and ask for a makret value, we provide information of pricing for the subject proeprty based upon recent sales and competive inventory.
Brenda