Question removed

Asked by debrap33, Dennis, MA Thu Oct 31, 2013

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

7
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Thu Oct 31, 2013
you have to understand how companies like trulia and Zillow use their logarithms to help place a value on a home. Its a broad stroke, using assessors information and sales of homes within a certain distance. They do not consider improvements, and or town lines or areas within a community.

You being in the market and know the individual property as well as those that are on the market and those that have sold are a much better judge of the value.

An educated buyer and seller are those that do their homework and know the market.
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Tue Nov 12, 2013
When you see /sold/ as part of the URL the property is no longer for sale and is instead being used to gather names and emails to sell as leads.
I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.
(Not me, I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro if you want help doing so.)

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Denis DaSilva, Agent, Somerset, MA
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Did you find the answer you needed?
Broker@reavolv.com
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Mon Nov 4, 2013
You may be right but it would require further analysis. Trulia averages the value with sale numbers from the public record but their algorithm may not take into account all the details of each sold property valued against the subject property.

good luck!

Territory Real Estate
Massachusetts #1 Broker for Home Buyer's
617 848 5407 ext 704
Web Reference:  http://territory.com
Corey Sprague…, Agent, Milton, MA
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Are you asking or telling? This property was bank owned and sold over one year ago. At that point, the property was in decent condition but showing signs of distress. The area absolutely warrants higher purchase price but do not confuse Tobey Hill with Farm Hill. Although very close to one another, Farm Hill is in another price point. Tobey Hill is very nice and values start in the mid $400's. The higher you drive up, the higher the price tag.

If you want a true value, speak with a licensed Realtor or pay for a professional appraisal.
Town assessed values have nothing to do with fair market values. Town values are set for tax purposes and annual budgets. Fair market is set by comparable properties sold within a specific timeline. I am not disbuting the values in Tobey Hill. As I stated, the further you drive up the street, "the higher you drive, the higher the price tag" depicts the ascending values on both Tobey Hill and Farm Hill. Once you have a view of Chase Garden Creek and the bay, you have entered into the million dollar range. Again, they are both very nice streets.
Flag Sun Nov 17, 2013
this property is assessed at $575,000.00 by the town of Dennis the homes on this
street and next door as well as across the street are assessed much higher with
the highest assessment on this street being in the $900,000.00 range.
Flag Sun Nov 10, 2013
Paul Beatty, Agent, Centerville, MA
Thu Oct 31, 2013
You might be right. While Trulia and many other sites have handy tools for pricing estimates, it's hard to put a price on a home without actually seeing it in person. If you are in the market for homes in that area, you can visit my website below.
debrap33, Home Owner, Dennis, MA
Thu Oct 31, 2013
COMPARING THIS HOME WITHIN THIS LOVELY QUIET NEIGHBORHOOD HOMES ABUTTING THIS PROPERTY ARE SELLING FOR $630 AND UP THE NEXT STREET OVER ISFARM HILL ROAD, DENNIS, MA MINUTES TO THE OCEAN, MARINA AND GOLF COURSES!!!!