Question removed

Asked by samir-assaad, Cypress, TX Tue May 7, 2013

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

3
Kevan Pewitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed May 8, 2013
You need to be more specific in stating your needs. In Texas, an appraisal is performed by a state licensed or certified appraiser. Real estate agents can perform a Comparative Market Analysis or Broker Price Opinion, but cannot legally perform an appraisal. Appraisals are usually ordered by a mortgage company as part of the financing process. If you are considering making an offer, an appraisal would take more time than you probably have to prepare the offer. Your best bet would be to have your buyer agent prepare a Comparative Market Analysis. If they are unable to do this, I would find another buyer's agent.
Carolyn Wolfe, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed May 8, 2013
Has you lender already appraised the property? Do you have a Buyer's agent ?

With this being a new build and the county has not assessed it yet, you need your Buyer's agent to run the numbers for the newer homes in Sydney Harbor. The ones built in 2007-2009 are a lot less per square foot, but it really depends on the upgrades that are offered and the floor plans.

If you need further assistance, feel free to check out my website and send me an e-mail.
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed May 8, 2013
An appraisal is part of the loan process ... your lender will order one to determine the property's value and confirm that they're not lending you too much money . If you're planning to pay cash, you can engage an appraisal company to prepare one. The cost is generally around $400. If I may be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon