Question removed

Asked by Mt, 55805 Wed Jun 25, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Hed, Home Seller, Grand Rapids, MN
Wed Aug 13, 2008
My house has been listed in central MN for 120 days with not one showing. Not fun. Good luck.
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Wed Jun 25, 2008
Mt,

First your agent acquaintaince is over reacting. Tell her to check out the SOP 16.2 and 16.6 of Article 16 of the Realtor's Code of Ethics. You always have the right to ask whatever you want whenever you want of any agent. Agents cannot solicit your business when you are working with another agent but they certainly can answer your questions. She's probably just upset that you listed with someone else.

As far as showings are concerned, even a busy market there are times when we list a property and there aren't any showings in the first week. It usually means that it is overpriced but that is not always the case. In this market showings are few and far in between in the twin cities, which is generally a more active market than duluth.

Your realtor will be your greatest asset when it comes to answering your questions about whether or not it is priced right. There are two things to keep in mind in today's market...Price and Patience. You can always reduce your price but you might be jumping the gun with the indicators you are giving us. With all that said I don't work in Duluth and therefore my opinion would be useless to you. Good luck in your upcoming move.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference:  http://www.campiper.com
, Home Buyer, Duluth, MN
Mon Aug 18, 2008
I just moved to Duluth due to a job transfer and the market here is s--l--o--w from a buyer's perspective. There is almost no new construction to be had and the majority of properties I have seen would be overpriced even in much nicer markets.

Given the size, and especially the age of the property I would say it is overpriced, unless the inside is heavily upgraded. All of that having been said it is not the range I am looking in, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

I would say that 1 week without a showing is nothing to worry about though. I know many folks in faster-moving areas that get 1-2 showings their first month.

Best of luck to you.
RiverLoon.co…, , 56601
Wed Aug 13, 2008
I guy I talked to was surprised that he just sold his Congdon house in a few days for full price, but that sounds like a fluke. A week is too soon to tell. A month with no showings, it's priced too high. Promotion can help drum up showings, but in this market, price is the main thing. Hope you're not upside down!
Realestateop…, , 55120
Wed Jun 25, 2008
Mt

My suggestion is to have your CB REALTOR run and email all activity in your area within a timetable you both agree upon. This process would answer many questions like -- Are others selling?

Number of showings in a week-- only your local agent can answer compared to other listed homes in his/her office.
Web Reference:  http://realestateopens.com