Question removed

Asked by Fhb, Dublin, OH Sun Jun 15, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

7
Eric Bryant, , Long Beach, CA
Sun Jun 15, 2008
Too many variables to truly give a difinitive answer, but $320 per sq ft is on the high side. Dublin is not crowded, it's underdeveloped. the infrastructure is not matching the growth. Still the best commute spot in the East Bay though :) Best of Luck! The Coach
Web Reference:  http://askEB.com
Fhb, Home Buyer, Dublin, OH
Tue Jul 8, 2008
I agree that HOA is really a pain and almost equivalent to paying mortgage for additional $70k . I considered old SFR's but couldn't find any in East Dublin in the 450k range. School & BART are the criterion for me and this place is close to the best elementary in Dublin.
I hope I can rent this out easily incase I upgrade or move.
Btw, the current price range I am looking at is $300/sft.
I am okay to take another 5 to 10% hit in the next 12 months or so but betting on the prices to go up atleast 3% a year thereafter.
Be-elzebub, , H-E-Double Toothpicks
Mon Jul 7, 2008
Dude, buy a single family house in north-west Dublin for $400k. Older homes, 3-4 bdrm, 2 baths, 1250-1500 sq. ft on 5000-8000 sq ft lots. Much better appreciation in the long run and no HOA.
Darin, , No. Cal
Sun Jun 22, 2008
From my point of view $320 per Sq. foot for a condo is too high.
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Sun Jun 22, 2008
Fhb, are you buying this for yourself or as an investment? -Steve
Theyknownoth…, Home Buyer, Dublin, OH
Sun Jun 22, 2008
Bottomline: Can this unit fetch a retrun of at least 1800per mth?
If not, you need to offer basis annual
(rental return - maintenance cost)/sale price = 8%

Do not use last sale price in a market like this. Compare this city with others. Does it have a higher foreclosure rate? if yes, be prepared to live there for a much longer time. That rental return thing may help you avoid being forclosed if you need to move out in say 3 to 5 years...careful & good luck
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Hi Fhb,

Eric is right, it’s very difficult to respond to your question. There are both quantitative (measurable) considerations and qualitative considerations (such as the feeling you get when you walk through the door). Not sure how long you plan to live in the condo; however, if you can, buying a detached home is a better long-term financial move. Right now I see four homes ranging from: 1,038 to 1,305 SqFt / $344 to $356 per SqFt in price.

Price is only one consideration; however, advice from a professional is always more valuable than price in the long-run.

Steven A. Ornellas, GRI, ABR, e-PRO, CMPS, RE Masters, MBA
REALTOR® / Mortgage Banker-Broker / Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist

Steven Anthony Real Estate & Financial Services
Expect Excellence. Get What You Expect.â„¢
Cell: 510.461.6011
http://www.Steven-Anthony.com SteveO@Steven-Anthony.com